Why become a member? ×

HIPSHOT SERVICE

The Shrek

Hey guys, during a rebuild, I stupidly lost my intonation screws and springs for my A style bridge. 

I e-mailed Hipshot and got a speedy reply. I was prepared to pay any price but I didn't have to. The parts all arrived from America to N.Ireland today, free of charge. Brilliant service, so I thought I would give them a mention.

Regards Michael.

• Like 11

That is a welcome change from when I tried to deal with them about twenty years ago. They were shocking – fortunately the Bass Centre interceded on my behalf, otherwise I would have got nowhere... 

• Like 1

Also had fantastic CS from Hipshot.

Begging of the year I brought some black tuners from Bass Direct. The bushes that came with them worked ok, but they were a tiny bit smaller than the ones that i took off. I emailed Hipshot on the Friday afternoon, and after a coupe of emailed back and forth over the weekend they posted a full set of the correct size bushes out to me, for free on Monday. 

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2020 at 00:25, dave_bass5 said:

Also had fantastic CS from Hipshot.

Begging of the year I brought some black tuners from Bass Direct. The bushes that came with them worked ok, but they were a tiny bit smaller than the ones that i took off. I emailed Hipshot on the Friday afternoon, and after a coupe of emailed back and forth over the weekend they posted a full set of the correct size bushes out to me, for free on Monday. 

I had exactly the same experience with Hipshot recently. Had purchased a set of HB7 tuners for my Fender MIM Precision - a drop in replacement, were it not that the bushings / ferrules were slightly too small - dropping out of the headstock without string tension, and slightly lifting out of the headstock under tension. Mailed Hipshot and received a speedy response from Oscar, who sent me a set of perfectly fitting replacements without any charge at all (not even shipping, from USA). 
Definitely impressed with their product and service, highly recommend them!

• Like 2

I heard an even better one by Mike Lull.

Guy bought a used Lull neck of eBay and found it was warped when it arrived. He contacted Mike Lull who said he'd fix it. Guy sends neck to Mike, who fixes it and sends it back to the guy without charge and not even charging for the carriage!