Why become a member? ×

IRON MAIDEN - SLAPPED!

doc40hz

1 minute ago, Gareth Hughes said:

This is so wrong on so many levels!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!! Seriously - great job, and what a tune. Up the Irons!

Haha! Cheers man. To be honest, Steve's technique is more like finger slapping than plucking I'd say to the tone is similar.

1 minute ago, Gareth Hughes said:

Too true - it's funny how close your slapping on (presumably) roundwounds is to his playing on flats. But rhythmically - a great idea to take his patterns and slap them.

Yeah, they are roundwounds. Steves one of my favourite players, so i spent years copying that "clank" so I guess my thumb knows how to do it too! 

I haven't figured out a way to convincingly slap the "gallop" though! There's a few other tunes that might work well as slap though. Something to work on I guess!

1 hour ago, SH73 said:

Can you do The Trooper or Run to the Hills?

Lol - I don’t think so. I can’t double thumb, and I think that would be needed but would give a totally different tone. Maybe if I play octave pops though.....

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 15:59, doc40hz said:

Haha! Cheers man. To be honest, Steve's technique is more like finger slapping than plucking I'd say to the tone is similar.

Was going to make the same comment - it’s interesting that you managed to sound like SH by doing something completely opposed to his style.

Very cool. 

4 hours ago, doc40hz said:

Lol - I don’t think so. I can’t double thumb, and I think that would be needed but would give a totally different tone. Maybe if I play octave pops though.....

I was only kidding, but very well done for Death if Glory!