Why become a member? ×

NBD, Warwick Content.

yorks5stringer

After my clear-out of what I deemed non-essential Basses (Blueflower and  Player P, then Gretsch Electro) I just happened upon an ebay ad for a Korean Pro Series  4 String Warwick Star Bass. I'd seen it for some while, so made a cheeky bid, had it rejected, then we settled on a mutually beneficial price and it arrived today. It dates from 2012 and is totally immaculate, strung with flats and although missing the strap part of the strap locks, the seller is forwarding them on. It comes with the case candy and in a Warwick gig bag too.

I traded a Gold Coloured 5 String version a few years ago and was toying with buying a new one, but they are Chinese and the 4 stringers, unless the Lee Sklar version at £930, are all 32" necks.

I've been a bit influenced by watching LS do his thang on YT every night, but the sound is every much as good as I can remember, and the construction is first class.

Here's a picture  lifted off the ad, as it's too hot to go outside and get snapping  at the moment!

s-l500.jpg

• Like 9