Why become a member? ×

Bands with two drummers

Happy Jack

1 hour ago, Low End Bee said:

There's the Glitter Band. Oh. Hang on a minute.....

Watch it.......our drummer was one of those drummers in Glitter Band during 90's. Even had lessons from Mick Tucker (Sweet) when they were younger.

The Glitter Band. The Tears I Cried Live. - YouTube

Then there's Genesis with Phil Collins and Chester Thompson.

Dave

Two drummers can be cool.  Pretty sure Add (N) to X had two.  Sometime in the late 90s I was going to a lot of gigs and they always seemed to be on the bill.  

No live footage unfortunately to back up my memory.

Edited by kusee pee

I saw Cory Henry and The Funk Apostles with two drummers. I knew there would be two drummera and thought "why?". But then the gig happened. It was absolutely immense. The funk was served up in huge slabs. It was the bomb. 

• Like 1

I`m a Deadhead and they were well known for having 2 drummers except from late 71 ish to late 74. Thats really the only period of Dead music I like apart form 2 studio albums made in 70 which had 2 drummers.

Same with the Allmans Brothers who I was a fan of for years until the drums did my head in. They seem to fill all the space, one usually playing straight the other adding all these needless fills.

Now Showaddywaddy, that I can can go for...:crazy:

3 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

Not to hijack this thread or anything but that is the mighty Derek Trucks, now fronting the Tedeschi Trucks Band, isn't it? (I did start following them because of Tim Lefevre...now sadly departed)

Yeh, and the other excellent guitarist on the video is Warren Haynes, well known as the frontman of Government Mule, another cracking Southern Rock band.

Edited by steantval

Hawkwind did a couple of gigs with two drummers during a shift in band members... 72ish - before my time

Simon King and Terry Olis... I think one prefered Downers... and the other Uppers... Can't remember which was which... Lemmy on Bass 'n Speed...

They later had Ginger Baker... Is he not the same as 2 Drummers

Along with Philthy 'Animal' Taylor...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Hawkwind did a couple of gigs with two drummers during a shift in band members... 72ish - before my time

Simon King and Terry Olis... I think one prefered Downers... and the other Uppers... Can't remember which was which... Lemmy on Bass 'n Speed...

They later had Ginger Baker... Is he not the same as 2 Drummers

Along with Philthy 'Animal' Taylor...

Simon King and Alan Powell. They’re both on Warrior on the Edge of Time.