Why become a member? ×

1980's Bass Line Quiz

Following on from last weeks 1970's quiz, here's one for the 1980's. Same format, one line per year. The playing should be better as I didn't attempt it all in one take this time, but the volume dips for 1982 for some reason. And I got my fretless back from the practice room, so that gets a few lines.

Answers at the end this time. Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Well played, that man. I got 7/10 straight off the bat, 84 and 89 eluded me completely and although I recognised 88, my old man’s brain couldn’t come up with the title.

👏👏👏

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ezbass said:

An easy one for me, BK's playing on that album is amazing. Great cover by @GarethFlatlands as BK's style isn't easy to replicate.

Thanks, my slap playing is bad (hence not bothering with the few notes of it on 1982), but the obvious song from that album kind of needs it. There wasn't really of a question of picking something from any other album for me so I went with that line as it's so fun to play.

• Like 1

Fun. I recognised 9/10 even if I couldn’t name the artist on a couple without prompting. On ‘89 I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard that pixies track and the bass line is so generic it wouldn’t have caught my ear anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Good stuff 

Slightly off topic but I am not a p bass fan but yours sounded fantastic especially when you used a pick great job 

I find them a bit too woolly sometimes but tried that one in the shop and bought it on the spot. I'm not sure if it's the aftermarket bridge, pickups or something else but it sounded great to me.

• Like 1