Why become a member? ×

When will you start gigging again?

julietgreen

On 04/11/2020 at 09:48, FinnDave said:

I've got a sort-of gig this afternoon. Four of us in a field videoing a few songs for a local music festival that has gone virtual for this year. I wasn't too encouraged by having to scrape the ice off the windscreen before driving this morning!

At least you can say you were "outstanding in your field"...

... I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1

Just got a Ticketmaster email which includes tickets now on sale for my band playing in York in April 2021. Can’t see it happening TBH, but I will optimistically note it down to put in my next year’s diary. It will be the first entry. 😕

• Like 2

On 06/11/2020 at 10:50, casapete said:

Just got a Ticketmaster email which includes tickets now on sale for my band playing in York in April 2021. Can’t see it happening TBH, but I will optimistically note it down to put in my next year’s diary. It will be the first entry. 😕

We’ve had the. remainder of our gigs for this year cancelled now Pete 🙁. In theory the next one is a WMC gig in January but I’m not hopeful. 

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tough situation Blue.  Also in the gigless scenario at the moment, we usually have all the following years gigs pretty much booked by now.  So far no gigs for this year that are still in the diary will take place because of lockdown 2 and pub restrictions and all next years ones in the diary are still unconfirmed.  Hard times :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Tough situation Blue.  Also in the gigless scenario at the moment, we usually have all the following years gigs pretty much booked by now.  So far no gigs for this year that are still in the diary will take place because of lockdown 2 and pub restrictions and all next years ones in the diary are still unconfirmed.  Hard times :(

Same kinda thing for me too Mart. My band does mainly theatres which usually means a 3 month window of promotion and selling tickets before the gig happens. Subsequently so difficult to try and predict when will be the time to try and secure new dates. We have a bunch of gigs on our website ( some of which have been selling tickets) in which case if / when they are deferred hopefully the punters will still be able to attend the new dates. We are very fortunate to have a solid following who have been great with the situation so far, which is heartwarming in these difficult times. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We played Friday Night:

An Evening with Maple Road 

Washington County Fair Park & Convention Center

West Bend WI

December 4th Friday Night 7:00- 10:00

We drew about 150 people. A real nice crowd. We played 3 hours straight, no breaks.We also networked with the director who books all the National Headliner Recording artist for the county. Hopefully this will give us a better slot at the fair this summer. Possibly opening for a headliner in the amphitheater or a better evening time slot in one of the larger tents 

Next weekend we'll play in Dundee at The Road House Saturday Night. 7-11. Then Sunday morning we will film a 45 minute set at the historic West Bend Theatre for a virtual New Year's Eve Show.

Blue

FB_IMG_1607219448694.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bluewine said:

We played Friday Night:

An Evening with Maple Road 

Washington County Fair Park & Convention Center

West Bend WI

December 4th Friday Night 7:00- 10:00

We drew about 150 people. A real nice crowd. We played 3 hours straight, no breaks.We also networked with the director who books all the National Headliner Recording artist for the county. Hopefully this will give us a better slot at the fair this summer. Possibly opening for a headliner in the amphitheater or a better evening time slot in one of the larger tents 

Next weekend we'll play in Dundee at The Road House Saturday Night. 7-11. Then Sunday morning we will film a 45 minute set at the historic West Bend Theatre for a virtual New Year's Eve Show.

Blue

FB_IMG_1607219448694.jpg

Blue, what's your setlist?

But of info, and hope, going forward for dedicated venues.

"We are pleased to announce due to Alchemy - Live Music Bar, being classed as a Grassroots LMV that from 6pm Friday-Saturday we will be a ticketed only venue and can finally get back to what we do best....hosting Live Music. 

Under the NEW Government rulings WE DO NOT have to serve beer with food as the Tier 2 demands however we will return to all live music gigs being ticketed events for entry in accordance with new regulations. 

These events will be seated, socially distanced and monitored in-line with all current Covid restrictions as we have been doing since the last lockdown.  Sound levels will be monitored constantly during performances to ensure we are following all set government guidelines. 

The Government have offered us an olive branch and we will not risk ruining this chance by allowing our Covid safe standards to slip or by allowing anyone else to ruin it for us. Therefore please ensure you follow all regulations at ALL times - such as wearing a mask when moving around the venue, submitting to Track and Trace, using the cleaning stations, not mixing with other parties and remaining seated at your table or you will be asked to leave."

• Like 2

They would do well to stress than you can only be with members of your own household/bubble.  That is often being forgotten and friends are going to these places together, which of course is against the rules in Tier 2.  I don't really know how gigs can run, unless people are sitting alone or with their partner.  I can't see how there can be any full tables, no families I know regularly go out to gigs together!  Are venues turning away people who happen to be alone in their household as they can't give away a whole table just for 1 person??

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kev said:

They would do well to stress than you can only be with members of your own household/bubble.  That is often being forgotten and friends are going to these places together, which of course is against the rules in Tier 2.  I don't really know how gigs can run, unless people are sitting alone or with their partner.  I can't see how there can be any full tables, no families I know regularly go out to gigs together!  Are venues turning away people who happen to be alone in their household as they can't give away a whole table just for 1 person??

That's a good point and considering the way they dressed that they don't want anything to screw up, this could be a monumental fail in not mentioning it.

• Like 1