Why become a member? ×

When will you start gigging again?

julietgreen

4 hours ago, BassBunny said:

That's a good point and considering the way they dressed that they don't want anything to screw up, this could be a monumental fail in not mentioning it.

First rule of fight club...

Edited by Kev

12 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Blue, what's your setlist?

I've been playing with Jenny for over 10 years. We don't use a set list much anymore. She calls the songs, we play them. Everything from "Stand By Me" to Knocking On Heavens Door to Joe Bonamassa's " Mr. Boss Man. We have a few originals as well.

We're a small local dance hall band.

Blue

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Our 2020 New Years Eve gig has been confirmed.

facebook_1607385467152_6741863294419727267.jpg

Well done Blue.

This is the first NYE in 40 years for me when I’m not able to gig. The hotel where I’ve done the last half a dozen has now closed down too ( Covid was their final nail in the coffin ) so even without Govt restrictions I may have been struggling to find somewhere else anyway.

Hope your gig goes well Blue, take care and stay safe mate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, casapete said:

Well done Blue.

This is the first NYE in 40 years for me when I’m not able to gig. The hotel where I’ve done the last half a dozen has now closed down too ( Covid was their final nail in the coffin ) so even without Govt restrictions I may have been struggling to find somewhere else anyway.

Hope your gig goes well Blue, take care and stay safe mate.

Thanks Pete

Blue

• Like 1

we were booked on Nov 21 to re open a small club, was gonna go OFF. booked out in fact. Then, three days beforehand, a fwit pizza bar worker contracted covid from the pizza maker who also worked in a covid quarantine hotel. So we went into lockdown, for no real season, except the fwit lied and said he caught covid from a pizza box, omitting the fact he worked there. 4 days later we were out of lockdown,but our gig was on the 3rd day

grrrrrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, jimmyb625 said:

We had a studio session yesterday, recording for a stream to go out in the New Year, which is the closest thing we've got to a gig.

I thought I'd bring out the big rig for it...

20201211_115632.jpg

You clearly don't buy the idea that over-long cables lead to signal degradation 🤣

Not gigging exactly, but I had a phone call late this afternoon, could I help out with a recording our church youth band was making, for streaming on Sunday, as one of the band was having to self-isolate.

Three things 1. At 73, I’m a bit old for the youth band, 2, i didn’t know the song, and 3, it was to play drums.......(I sold my kit in 1968, and have played hardly ever since then)

Anyway, we muddled through, fortunately, I won’t be in shot on the video!

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 1

A few pics from Sunday morning we filmed a 45 minute set at the historic West Bend Theatre for a virtual New Year's Eve Show..

I have complete respect for people who work in TV. We got to the Theatre at 1130 and didn't finish until 4:30.1529410985_20201213_1319432.thumb.jpg.81c70f0af291db4c943162442cf24299.jpg

Blue

20201213_124112.jpg

20201213_115758.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, steantval said:

Hertfordshire into Tier 3.

Yup cancelled yesterday. That was the only thing that could’ve scuppered it and it did. I’m not shocked and I’m kinda happy about it in a weird way. Don’t get me wrong I love playing live, I’d do it all day every day if I could but travelling from T3 in Northumberland 5hrs plus down to Stevenage and back to play inside was always a worry. 
Roll on 2021

Have a great Xmas all of you lovely people 🤘

• Like 3