Why become a member? ×

When will you start gigging again?

julietgreen

3 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Not helped by the BBC always focusing on the changes or differences and not producing and updating a single, consistent guide.

That's pretty much because there ISN'T one!  With devolved governments, each country can make it's own decisions and guidelines accordingly, regardless of those announced by Westminster as health is a devolved power.

2 hours ago, DaytonaRik said:

That's pretty much because there ISN'T one!  With devolved governments, each country can make it's own decisions and guidelines accordingly, regardless of those announced by Westminster as health is a devolved power.

They could tabulate ALL the rules for all four nations in a consistent format.

I wanted to check the international quarantine rules and had to do it by visiting one page and then two more to get the changes.

They did put up a single page guide - after I and others complained.

This is a good argument against devolution, and definitely doesn't help the SNP's "we still want to become independent" campaign. With all the confusion, I can't help thinking they're making up different rules for the sake of it because they can, because they're devolved. I live near the Welsh border and some of the supposedly "science based" things are diametrically opposite. They can't both be right.

18 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

This is a good argument against devolution, and definitely doesn't help the SNP's "we still want to become independent" campaign. With all the confusion, I can't help thinking they're making up different rules for the sake of it because they can, because they're devolved. I live near the Welsh border and some of the supposedly "science based" things are diametrically opposite. They can't both be right.

That's a strange way of looking at it. Scotland's response to the pandemic is generally perceived to be far better than Westminster's and certainly hasn't done the SNP / case for devolution any harm at all. 

Bike festival in 2 weeks time, we were headline on the Saturday (and well paid)..cancelled :(

Guitarist in downward spiral of low, concerned about job, terrified of catching it

Singer had no work for weeks, seeking therapy

Seriously concerned for future of band, Drummer half jokingly suggests we go out as Drums/Bass duo on "Jazz Odyssey"

What a time to be alive..

Trying to arrange meeting to discuss future for at least next 6 months, luckily we have access to home made studio and have most of the gear to record a new album, thinking that route may be the way to go for sanity and keep the band together, even if it's on the back burner.

Edited by skidder652003
  • Like 1

Just been chatting to my window cleaner who hails from Atherton, near Leigh and he mentioned a couple of pubs had put bands on and we're visited by the boys in blue.

Band told to pack up and landlords given a right bollocking with the ultimate threat of closure if they continue.

Looks like bands in NW are definitely a "no no".

1 hour ago, BassBunny said:

Just been chatting to my window cleaner who hails from Atherton, near Leigh and he mentioned a couple of pubs had put bands on and we're visited by the boys in blue.

Band told to pack up and landlords given a right bollocking with the ultimate threat of closure if they continue.

Looks like bands in NW are definitely a "no no".

Our jam session (so many safety rules I don't know if I am allowed in) should be interesting on Sunday, then...

1 minute ago, PaulWarning said:

Whilst not being a fan of @ClassicVibes overly confrontational style, he does have a point, there's little purpose in advertising gigs in the USA on here

Maybe, maybe not.

The thread is called 'When will you start gigging again?'

Bluewine has answered that pretty explicitly.

You're free to scroll on by...

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

Whilst not being a fan of @ClassicVibes overly confrontational style, he does have a point, there's little purpose in advertising gigs in the USA on here

I have to say that Chilwell may as well be in the US as far as I'm concerned (as Portsmouth is to Chilwell, doubtless). 

1 minute ago, Steve Browning said:

I have to say that Chilwell may as well be in the US as far as I'm concerned (as Portsmouth is to Chilwell, doubtless). 

Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, I'm as (un)likely to be able to attend a gig in Aberdeen as one in Milwaukee, so I'm just interested in seeing what others are doing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I did 3 proper gigs (holiday parks) in August, and I have 5 in September, including 4 dates in Cyprus. It goes a bit quieter in October, but I still have work in November/December.

They're all a bit "strange and different" and audiences are socially distanced with no dancefloor antics (just dancing on tables in your family bubbles!) but thank heavens some venues/businesses are finding a way...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:
53 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

...which welcomes anyone from anywhere.

Err... I think that misses the point of this thread completely

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Err... I think that misses the point of this thread completely

well I stand chastised then, but will add Blue has told us numerous times that he's gigging again, personally I'm more interested in how the gigs went with the constrictions of the covid regulations