Why become a member? ×

When will you start gigging again?

julietgreen

Our earliest now which hasn't been cancelled is the 5th September, but whether we'll be able to, who knows. 

@Bluewine, as none of us in the UK can gig yet so have nothing to smile about, when you post your gig news with accompanying photo, could you smile please. 😉😁😎

• Like 1

We sort of have a gig on the 11th July but it's not live as we are being recorded (20 mins set) for broadcast on July 25th for Notts Pride. Not quite the same as a live gig, but it's close. It will certainly be the grandest venue we've played in

ballroom.jpg

• Like 2

On 30/06/2020 at 11:59, Stub Mandrel said:

What's up Blue? You look cheerful in those shots! You must like boats 🙂

It's a fun gig, basically a booze cruise. We play for 1. 5 hours. $20 00 a head . We get a good percentage of the take . The load in and parking is not great.

Blue

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluewine said:

It's a fun gig, basically a booze cruise. We play for 1. 5 hours. $20 00 a head . We get a good percentage of the take . The load in and parking is not great.

Blue

Sounds a fair price, bet it's popular, have a good one!

Well, perhaps inevitably, the last remaining gig in my diary for 2020 has been cancelled. Was going to be a Sunday afternoon outside with properly organised spacing and everything. However, the venue has said they can’t get a guarantee from their insurers to cover the event so that’s it. Must admit I’m pretty pis*ed off now, and am having to think about alternative employment. Even if gigs are allowed in early 2021 it’s still over 6 months away and I’ll need to earn money somehow before that. With all the regular news of companies cutting their workforce or closing completely I’m guessing what work is out there will be very much in demand. I’m 62 and have never been without work ( or claimed any benefits ) all my life, so not looking forward to it at all. 

Edited by casapete
  • Sad 3

On 31/05/2020 at 13:50, SICbass said:

I live in Germany. In all honesty, given the necessary rules of social distancing, I can’t see gigs in any sort of venue being viable before we have a reliable vaccine. This means, for me, finding a whole new living. I have lived from playing for 30 years.

Gotta be optimistic. Hopefully vaccine or no vaccine we all can play gigs in 2021. 

Myself I played in front of people at a small company picnic last week. First of 2020. 

On 03/06/2020 at 10:06, Rich said:

We have a gig at the end of October... it's my son's wedding... as you can imagine, I'm really hoping that one goes ahead :) 

We have a few in the pipeline before then, but TBH I'm fully expecting almost all of them to be cancelled/postponed. As many others have said, I will gig when I feel it's safe to do so (venues permitting), not when the govt tells me I can. My health puts me mildly 'at-risk' so I'm taking no chances. 

And I was right... all this year's remaining gigs are now gone except for my lad's wedding. He's half-expecting the venue to cancel that too. 

6 hours ago, Rich said:

And I was right... all this year's remaining gigs are now gone except for my lad's wedding. He's half-expecting the venue to cancel that too. 

My daughter had to cancel her wedding booked for the beginning of June.  The rescheduled date in august is also staring to look dodgy now....

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, casapete said:

Well, perhaps inevitably, the last remaining gig in my diary for 2020 has been cancelled. Was going to be a Sunday afternoon outside with properly organised spacing and everything. However, the venue has said they can’t get a guarantee from their insurers to cover the event so that’s it. Must admit I’m pretty pis*ed off now, and am having to think about alternative employment. Even if gigs are allowed in early 2021 it’s still over 6 months away and I’ll need to earn money somehow before that. With all the regular news of companies cutting their workforce or closing completely I’m guessing what work is out there will be very much in demand. I’m 62 and have never been without work ( or claimed any benefits ) all my life, so not looking forward to it at all. 

Sorry to hear that Pete. It's certainly started to have an affect on my mental health, not just the furlough periods but just not seeing mates.  Haven't seen my band mates since our last gig at the beginning of March which feels weird as we normally played pretty much every week.  You stay strong mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Sorry to hear that Pete. It's certainly started to have an affect on my mental health, not just the furlough periods but just not seeing mates.  Haven't seen my band mates since our last gig at the beginning of March which feels weird as we normally played pretty much every week.  You stay strong mate.

Thanks Mart. I know exactly what you mean about the band thing. Not only is it my work but also a social activity too - am lucky/blessed to work with a great set of musicians and also guys in the crew who I have n't seen since March as well. We regularly have 4 week breaks from each other during December, but this now feels like an eternity. I've been walking every day in the countryside which is helping me a bit mentally, but that human interaction is still absent. I hope you manage to keep optimistic through this, and that your band can hold it together until things improve. All the best.

• Like 2

Our rehearsal studios opens up this month so we'll be back in rehearsing for any up and coming gigs when they are made available. We know we have one in October. Whether people will be out and about by then is a different story.

Dave

I’m a regular listener of Planet Rock and I’m surprised they are advertising their Rockstock weekender multiple band event for early December this year, it’s based at a holiday park in Wales.

All the advanced tickets with accommodation are all sold out, I do admire the optimism that this will go ahead.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steantval said:

I’m a regular listener of Planet Rock and I’m surprised they are advertising their Rockstock weekender multiple band event for early December this year, it’s based at a holiday park in Wales.

All the advanced tickets with accommodation are all sold out, I do admire the optimism that this will go ahead.

I think optimism is fired by a knowledge that cancelling before the government says you have to may invalidate your insurance.

Started again,  at 9.00pm Last night. (Friday) Just got in. Resaurant/bar gig, outside, about half as many as we usually pull in there so punters being hesitant.

Went down well, got fed, got paid. 

Not back to normal, but it's a start.

20200703_194952.jpg

• Like 6