Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn 2T Sunburst P Bass SOLD PLEASE REMOVE!
£900
Walsall West Midlands

Daveyboyrooster

Not really Marc, this was another RW Fender Precision that I also,had and decided to get the neck altered to an ‘A’ profile slim neck as opposed to the ‘B’ profile one I think you purchased from me a few years back? Both were done by the same Luthier and both are amazing Basses! I trust you are well my friend?

1 hour ago, Daveyboyrooster said:

Not really Marc, this was another RW Fender Precision that I also,had and decided to get the neck altered to an ‘A’ profile slim neck as opposed to the ‘B’ profile one I think you purchased from me a few years back? Both were done by the same Luthier and both are amazing Basses! I trust you are well my friend?

Yes, I purchased that one sometime back, and it was a great bass - the neck re-profiling was a top job
In the end, I only traded it on because I was after something similar, but with a Rosewood fretboard....
Although there are times when I wish I hadn't... still I'm happy with the P basses I now own (and in fact, I still have too many! lol)
Yes, I'm well thank you good sir - hope you are too? :)

Just wanted to add, that Daveyboy is a top BC'er and these basses are superb
GLWTS mate

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dave74200 said:

The neck on these basses is their crowning glory. Why would you alter it?

I bought a Roadworn P from Daveyboy, several years back. The neck on that one had also been slimmed / modified by the same Luthier Daveyboy used on this one
I've played other Roadworn Fenders, including a Precision with its' standard neck (and I've owned a RW Flea Jazz, and currently own a Roadworn 3TSB Jazz)

Yes, the necks are all superb on the Roadworn Fender basses - but I have to say, the Luthier in question did an absolutely top job on that RW P I had.
In fact, I wouldn't have known that it had been altered at all, unless I'd compared it to other Roadworn Precisions.... The woodwork was neat, and the finish felt superb
It's the very same comfortable, "worn-in" feel - but it's just that bit slimmer...

It felt more comfortable to my left hand anyway
If you want a Roadworn P, but prefer a slimmer neck - then this is the bass for you

• Thanks 1