Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little Bastard settings

Byo

Hi there,

I have an Ashdown Little Bastard 30w valve head that I am trying to pair with an Aguilar DB112 for home studio work and was wondering about what other LB users settings are.

The EQ is still a mystery to me as I my main amp for years has been a Markbass Little Rocker 500 and that thing is really easy to dial in when compared to the LB.

I have had a look over here and on Talkbass for the "flat" settings but there does not seem to be a general rule of thumb.

For reference I use a variety of passive P and J basses with and without effects and I tend to look for a tone that has a hint of growl if you dig in with a pick but is stil fat and punchy when playing finger-style.

All suggestions are welcome!

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I spoke with Ashdown about various details of my CTM-30, and apparently the closest to flat is bass and treble at 50%, mids at 75%.

Interesting, I was told mids to the max, treble and bass at 9pm, with mid and bright switches down and bass switch up.

• Like 1

@Byo if I may suggest (if you haven’t already) give Dave green a call at Ashdown, he designed and built the LB , I’ve met him many times and he will tell you anything you want to know about it, mine is number 00046, he took mine apart and cleaned and serviced it and checked the valves and  upgraded a few bits , while I waited , they really are top guys at Ashdown 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

@Byo if I may suggest (if you haven’t already) give Dave green a call at Ashdown, he designed and built the LB , I’ve met him many times and he will tell you anything you want to know about it, mine is number 00046, he took mine apart and cleaned and serviced it and checked the valves and  upgraded a few bits , while I waited , they really are top guys at Ashdown 🙂

Yep, Dave is great, a really helpful guy, as are Ashdown in general.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Thanks for this @Reggaebass

• Like 1