Why become a member? Ɨ

NB(s)D.....

bassfan

So.... a long time coming this was... I started a thread, should I get one (obviously the bc community did sodĀ all to quench my GASšŸ˜‚) should I not, of course I should was the general consensus. Do I need one, errrr, yes of course.Ā 
This little beauty popped up before lockdown and Iā€™ve been waiting patiently....Ā 

Its a UV70, in natural. The build quality, jazz neck and sound just ooze quality.Ā Thereā€™s not a mark on it, I believe itā€™s a 2016.... and I love it.Ā 
Ā 

and thereā€™s more..... they are like buses....Ā 

I also did a bit of a trade last week and acquired a rather nice Fender Marcus Miller jazz, a set of superbrights Ā later and this really nails that miller tone (but just like the flea signatures the miller signature does not automatically make me sound like him šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ˜¬)

My guitarist just congratulated me on buying the same bass, twice. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚Ā 
Ā 

FFAA9B70-7541-493D-A810-A9ED321E7A40.jpeg

83B39AE1-E659-4A2A-87A8-37AA52EE872F.jpeg

24F58800-2667-42ED-98C6-AA5E4CC0D81C.jpeg

5DC983B8-5F82-4AB2-BA28-78D301E2B021.jpeg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, bassfan said:

So.... a long time coming this was... I started a thread, should I get one (obviously the bc community did sodĀ all to quench my GASšŸ˜‚) should I not, of course I should was the general consensus. Do I need one, errrr, yes of course.Ā 
This little beauty popped up before lockdown and Iā€™ve been waiting patiently....Ā 

Its a UV70, in natural. The build quality, jazz neck and sound just ooze quality.Ā Thereā€™s not a mark on it, I believe itā€™s a 2016.... and I love it.Ā 
Ā 

and thereā€™s more..... they are like buses....Ā 

I also did a bit of a trade last week and acquired a rather nice Fender Marcus Miller jazz, a set of superbrights Ā later and this really nails that miller tone (but just like the flea signatures the miller signature does not automatically make me sound like him šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ˜¬)

My guitarist just congratulated me on buying the same bass, twice. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚Ā 
Ā 

FFAA9B70-7541-493D-A810-A9ED321E7A40.jpeg

83B39AE1-E659-4A2A-87A8-37AA52EE872F.jpeg

24F58800-2667-42ED-98C6-AA5E4CC0D81C.jpeg

5DC983B8-5F82-4AB2-BA28-78D301E2B021.jpeg

Lush mate, long wait but you got there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Well thatā€™s just greedy. Let me relieve you of the Sadowsky to make you feel better ;)Ā .

Enjoy, you lucky duck.

I know right. My missus said that!! The greedy bit obviously there was no mention of any relieving!Ā 

Thanks. Iā€™ll Certainly Ā try. šŸ‘šŸ»

6 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I know right. My missus said that!! The greedy bit obviously there was no mention of any relieving!Ā 

Thanks. Iā€™ll Certainly Ā try. šŸ‘šŸ»

TBH, it was your GAS thread that started me looking at Sadowskys again and now Iā€™ve caught it! I still have my eye on a used, 5 string Metro, which I donā€™t need. Oh,Ā the horror!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

So youā€™ve got a Sadowsky which is kinda a Fender copy, and a Fender copy of a Sadowsky modified Fender?Ā 
Ā 

So, the Sadowsky only looks like a Fender, a nice one, but there the similarities finish... sounds awesome...

Yes to the fender copy of a sadowsky modified fender šŸ˜‚

I tried the Will Lee. Was lovely no doubt about that but I preferred the UV, has a more vintage tone (to my ear) although the finish on the WL was/is beautiful!Ā 

28 minutes ago, ezbass said:

TBH, it was your GAS thread that started me looking at Sadowskys again and now Iā€™ve caught it! I still have my eye on a used, 5 string Metro, which I donā€™t need. Oh,Ā the horror!

Sorry!!! šŸ˜‚Ā I know a man selling a gorgeous 4 string Will Lee...Ā 

• Haha 1

Trust a bloody guitarist to think those two basses look remotely alike!Ā 

Congrats. There is always a buzz off a new bass. But that feeling of utter indulgence when getting two is something special.Ā 

• Like 1