Why become a member? ×

Fender J vs Fender P

Nicko

13 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

The 'P' has two pick-ups, too, but they're wired together and placed in close proximity. One could also ask why a Morgan three-wheeler costs more than a Fiat Punto, as it has a wheel less. -_-

🤣

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

The 'P' has two pick-ups, too, but they're wired together and placed in close proximity. One could also ask why a Morgan three-wheeler costs more than a Fiat Punto, as it has a wheel less. -_-

I could argue that the P and Morgan are more desirable and hence command a premium, but anyone with a three wheeler looks a bit of a Richard.

They get away with charging the same because they believe Precision players are that bit more gullible 😗

PS, before anyone takes out a fatwa on me, I'm only joking - I've one of each myself.

• Haha 1

I think you'll find that the notes are in a slightly different order on the Jazz neck compared to the P,  they're slightly more random as I understand it, hence the 'Jazz' name.

Maybe ask at your local music shop about this, I'm no expert.

Edited by musicbassman
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Doctor J said:

A lot of the price you pay goes to covering Fender’s quite extravagant marketing budget. You hardly think that “P bass ‘n’ flats ‘n’ Leo got it right first time!!!” wave came about by chance, surely?

If that's marketing then why do the ship them with rounds?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

I've always thought it's because the Precision is sturdier and constructed more robustly, in order to afford the player an advantage in the event of an undead apocalypse.

You cant argue with that sort of logic. 😂

safe_image.php.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the same vein, why does the Gibson Citation jazz guitar cost more than a Les Paul when it doesn't have any pickups at all? And don't get me talking about those Stradivarius thingies.

Edited by Dan Dare

13 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

In the same vein, why does the Gibson Citation jazz guitar cost more than a Les Paul when it doesn't have any pickups at all? And don't get me talking about those Stradivarius thingies.

Atchtops are always more expensive and the Citation is the top of the line elite range, even more luxurious than the super 400.  There also rarer than a blue steak.  And it has a pickup.

On 30/05/2020 at 23:08, Dan Dare said:

Reminds me of the old Tommy Cooper joke,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1