Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Yamaha BB435
£395
Hereford

TRBboy

Hi folks!

For sale is my fantastic Yamaha BB435 in Teal. Bought late September last year, it hasn't exactly had a hard life, and has performed astonishingly well.

I've had loads of Yamahas over the years, so I knew to expect a great quality instrument, but even so this exceeded my expectations! Superb quality, and the design is fantastic, blending all your favourite traditional features with clever modern refinements.

Stand out points for me are the neck shape /feel - it's extremely comfortable and playable, and the pickups which are absolutely outstanding. In fact, there is virtually no difference between these V5 pickups and the V7's in the top of the range BBP. Really superb tone, plenty of guts but nice, smooth organic tone. 

It's in great condition as you can hopefully see from the photos. If you have any questions or want any other photos, just get in touch.

Payment via PayPal or BACS, and either socially distanced collection or a courier can be arranged. 

Many thanks for looking! 😊👍

IMG_20200519_110605.jpg

IMG_20200519_110644.jpg

IMG_20200519_110716.jpg

IMG_20200519_110729.jpg

Edited by TRBboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thats a lovely bass. Can i ask what the weight is? 

Hi Dave, thanks! Well I make it about 9lb 11oz on the kitchen scales, so it's not exactly a featherweight, but not the heaviest example of one of these I've heard of by any stretch. 

I'm usually pretty fussy about the weight of basses, but this just balanced so well and is so comfy to play, it really doesn't bother me (even on our mammoth NYE set!). 

It really is an astounding bass for the money, it feels and sounds superb. 

Did you have one of these before? If so, I'm preaching to the choir anyway! 😊

Thanks, not meaning to hijack your thread. I did have one before and I’m trying to get it back. I was interested to see what the average weight of these might be. The one i want is 8lbs, which seemed very light. 

GLWTS. 

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks, not meaning to hijack your thread. I did have one before and I’m trying to get it back. I was interested to see what the average weight of these might be. The one i want is 8lbs, which seemed very light. 

GLWTS. 

Wow, that's really something! I've never heard of one so light! Most seem to be around 9lb 8oz - 10lb 8oz.

Well, I can attest that mine is lovely, and here waiting for you if you want it. 😊

46 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

Wow, that's really something! I've never heard of one so light! Most seem to be around 9lb 8oz - 10lb 8oz.

Well, I can attest that mine is lovely, and here waiting for you if you want it. 😊

Well the price is right, so who knows. Got to try and get mine back first though. 

• Like 1

Hi folks! 

Someone messaged me to ask if there were weird marks on the front and back of the bass. Turned out to be the reflection of the buttercups on grass in front of it! Here's an alternative pic that shows said buttercups. 😊

Any other questions let me know. 

IMG_20200519_110756.jpg

• Haha 1