Why become a member? ×

Spector Performer 4?

barrycreed

Hi all, anyone play the Spector Performer 4? The bottom of the line obviously, and I'm thinking of one, specifically to mod the pickups. Also, it would kill a few other birds with the one stone. Twouldn't be a "main bass" but would be different to a p bass. I am guessing it would be lighter than a J bass too. Anyone play one? Are they of ok quality?

I purchased a Spector Performer 5 a few years ago. I sent it back within 48 hours. Build quality was fine, fit and finish seemed reasonable for a budget bass. However, I couldn't seem to get a useable sound from it, it just sounded dull and lifeless in my opinion. If I were in the market for a Spector I'd probably go up to the legend series at least. Just my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, barrycreed said:

Thanks folks. Yes, I think I'd look at the Legend series at least.

Yes, definitely worth checking out. I once had a Legend Neck-Thru (NT), maple with bubinga top, matte finish. Looked and sounded great (Aguilar OBP 2 and Aguilar pickups). Great built quality too. Just a bit heavy and the neck was a bit too narrow for my taste. So, I sold it and bought a Euro instead.