Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Human Base - Jonas 5 fretless
£1620
Germany

3Gorillas

The bass is sold

Human Base Jonas 5 fretless 

I am selling my beloved Human Base Jonas fretless. These basses - especially the fretless basses - are among the finest instruments available. Handbuilt by master luthier Siggi Jäger in Germany.
This bass was built for me, 1st owner. I am selling the bass as I need some space and cash for new things and I also have a very similar Human Base fretless 6-string (I am more a 6-string guy…). This bass has been unplayed in its case for years now…

• Model Jonas
  • 34"
  • Maple-Body
  • 3-part maple neck (neck-through)
  • Amaranth-top ("Purpleheart")
  • Ebony fretboard
  • 24 "frets" with fretlines
  • Bartolini-Pickup
  • Glockenklang 3-Band-EQ
  • Amaranth-Ramp (you can take it off without any marks)
  • Weight (bathroom scale): 4.1 kg

Except some tiny playwear on the fretboard (please see pictures) excellent condition, almost like new. The bass comes with original gigbag or HISCOX-case and tools.

The bass is sold!

The bass is located near Bonn / Germany. Shipping is no problem (at buyer's expense and risk)

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg

IMG_7455.jpeg

IMG_7456.jpeg

IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

Edited by 3Gorillas
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, visog said:

Wow! Looks like an lovely instrument. Get distracted with the model, 'Jonas'. Anything to do with Jonas Hellborg?

Thanks a lot!
No, the name "Jonas" is just coincidence with Jonas Hellborg. Siggi Jäger (the masterbuilder behind Human Base) has been building basses for Kai Eckhardt (among other fantastic players), but not for Jonas Hellborg AFAIK. If I get the story right Siggi started with a partner somewhen in the 80s. At some point they wanted to add a neckthrough custom model. Siggi developed the "Jonas" shape and his partner a model called "Max". 

• MB1 locked this topic