Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! 1974 Fender Mustang.
£1215
Barcelona

emilibass

Up for sale my Fender Mustang, built in 1974 according to the serial number on the neckplate, the neck-heel number, the pickups stamp and the pots code. The reason for selling is that I’ve got too many P and this is not getting the attention it deserves. Apart from the nice Dakota red or candy apple refinish (never been sure about the difference), the rest seems to be original, though there could be a couple of screws which are not.

Its overall condition is quite good for its age. All its components are in perfect working order, including its neck (dated 73) and truss rod, its massive pickups (dated 74), pots (dated 1973), and the pickup shieldings. As you can see in the pictures the body has suffered no mods, except for the paint job. The neck pocket and the pickguard still have sings of the original paint: competition blue. The neck has signs of use, specially on the back, but it doesn’t affect playability in any way. The fretboard is quite good for its age, specially the frets, which show little wear. So it plays beautiful and stays in tune. I guess the mutes on the bridge were removed, so I don’t have them. It’s had a really nice setup and has a quite comfy action (I would say medium-low action).

Weight: 3,3kg

Scale: 30,5 “

A good chance to grab a killer short-scale Fender Mustang from 1974 at an affordable price and ready to rock.

IMG_3761.thumb.JPG.b162973faecd32250fb8a3ca5abb86ad.JPG.

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

Edited by emilibass
  • Like 10

I could also consider a trade for a vintage semi hollow short scale bass: Fender Coronado, Guild Starfire, Gibson EB2, Yamaha SA70., etc.

A more modern bass would also be interesting: Neuser, Ibanez SR, Cort A4, or even high-end ones.

Edited by emilibass

• 4 weeks later...

I have added some audios for you to hear what it sounds like. No compression or effects have been added, straight into garage band through iRig. For me, the Mustang has this natural growl (I'd say overdrive) to it and nice full round lows. There are four samples: 

1. tone closed

2. tone half-closed

3. tone open

4. mixed with a backing track (tone half-closed)

Edited by emilibass

• 2 weeks later...

What a beauty!!!

Would you ship to sweden?

About the back of the neck; would you say it's been sanded off or is that 

just player wear? I'm looking for a nice mustang like this and I do not like

when the neck finish has been sanded off. I love the seventies Fenders and

the laquer on the necks.

Hi mikbass,

Shipping is not a problem. I've done it before.

The neck has NOT been modified in any way. It still retains the original lacquer. In fact, as you can see in the pictures, it has some small "vintage" dings, which don't affect playability at all. 

IMG_3842.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG