Why become a member? ×

Ebay offer on something I'm watching - is this new?

LukeFRC

So I'm watching a Tokai jazz on eBay. Not going to buy but at some point stuck it on my watch list. 
Log into eBay for something else and the seller has sent me an offer with a lower price in it! Not something I've seen before - is it a new feature? 

15 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I think when sellers drop their price or reserve, you get an email.  I don't think sellers can target watchers.

BIN price the same, no reserve ... bloody clever idea if it is a new feature. 

Nice looking bass too shame about the wear of the finish 

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 22.32.57.png

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

I think when sellers drop their price or reserve, you get an email.  I don't think sellers can target watchers.

I sold a few bits before Christmas and had the option to send offers to watchers. You can't target individual watchers but can send out an offer below your asking price and when new watchers get added in you can send new offers. No idea when it came out though

• Like 1

You don't even have to put it on your watch list. You click on anything and you will get emails asking if you are still interested or here are similar items that may interest you. It's getting more and more desperate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

Always worth going into settings and adjusting your email settings. I'm still scarred by the 16 emails I got over some socks I once bought. One notably referred to my "customer journey" for these socks.

Nice socks, mind you!? 

You bought socks on eBay? Where do you live? St Kilda?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I get a lot of clothes online. I had no idea I was quite so decadent!?!

I was only being hilarious mate. I buy clothes online too but socks I get from Tescos 😉

14 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

They can. If you are selling something, the new thing (ie, the last time I sold something, I don't regularly sell) is eBay will give you a button saying 'Send an offer to your watchers to tempt them into buying, we recommend £nnn' which is probably some scaled value.

So you dont' find out who your watchers are or get to talk to them, but you can send them like a group offer. And I don't think it is only watchers, I think there is a 'you looked at this, there is an offer on it' thing too

Edited by Woodinblack

3 hours ago, ubit said:

but socks I get from Tescos

Not if you've got size 6 feet like me, all mens socks usually are flashed 6 - 11,

which means they flap off the end of the foot - not good.

😎

Do we get to turn this into a foot thread ?

Edited by taunton-hobbit