Why become a member? ×

Sei Custom Jazz - SOLD
£1100
Woking

lowregisterhead

NOW SOLD

For sale is a beautiful example of Martin Petersen's work. It was made for Randy Hope-Taylor about 20 years ago, and the chap I bought it from recently had owned it for many years. It's certainly unusual, sporting a Tele headstock and stacked knobs, and as with all Martin's work, beautifully made. Having played extra long scale 5-string basses for many years, sadly it just doesn't work for me and my gorilla mitts!

Specs:

34” scale

Surf green body with matching tele shaped headstock

Flamed maple neck / Rosewood fingerboard 

38mm nut / 19mm string spacing 

Gotoh GBR640 tuners

Alder body / parchment pickguard

Passive / stack knob

Mørch single coil jazz pickups ( 60s spacing )

Vintage spiral saddle bridge

Weight 4.8kg

It also comes with a chrome neck pickup cover and an additional tort scratchplate. The neck & fingerboard was originally painted white, but the previous owner had this stripped some years ago by Martin Sims, and he did a great job revealing the beauty of the flame maple.

The only trade I would be interested in is for a 35" scale 5-string with 19mm spacing.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 6

Shame it didn’t work out Dave , this is a brilliant bass - up there with a Celinder J classic I had.

@Jimelliottbassist owned quite some time ago too , tempting but GLWTS 

edit just to say - Dave is a top basschatter to deal with , One of the good guys 👍

Edited by greenolive
Add recommendation!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always loved this - such an elegant bass from my favourite UK luthier.  Also, probably the most reasonable price I've ever seen associated with a Sei - utter bargain for work of this quality IMO (Martin's work and artistry really are world-class)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1