Why become a member? ×

Shuker Singlecut - SOLD
£1250
Bristol

Burns-bass

Here is my stupendous Shuker single cut in sparked ash with a tiger stripe finish.

This was bought by me on here in January and has since then spent much of its time in the case as I don't really play electric much, let alone 5 string basse. 

The bass is in good condition, although there are some playwear marks. At some point it's been professionally refretted. When I bought it, I had it completely stripped and set up with D'addario chromes and it's now singing like a boutique 5 string should. It's hard to see the marks on the hypnotically beautiful maple top, but I've pictured them where possible. The nobs are a little faded, but replacements are only a few pounds (and can be supplied if required).

Action is low and set up beautifully.

The pickups are Bartolini's and the preamp is the Shuker original I believe. I can take the back off and picture it when there aren't kids buzzing around. The active electronics can be set to passive by lifting one of the knobs. A nice feature. The sounds you can get from this bass are incredible.

It comes with a Hiscox case and I'm able to send it worldwide.

I'm interested in trades and have something of a Fender fetish, but also interested in Sadowsky and Xotic and the like. Send me what you've got and we can go from there. I’d love a vintage reissue Precision or jazz, preferably in Candy apple red!

Sale price reduced to £1150

Pics below, shout me if you need more. I'm off to do some work!

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 57 14.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 57 05.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 58.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 41.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 34.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 29.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 21.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 14.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 56 05.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 55 59.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 55 51.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 55 34.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 55 15.jpg

Photo 27-05-2020, 11 55 11.jpg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 6

Urm, urm, the woods used are mahogany for the body, spalted maple for the top with a dark wood veneer (probably walnut) in between, maple with walnut veneers for the neck and Macassar ebony for the fingerboard with a spalted maple headstock cover with the same dark wood veneer as the top.

None of these woods are on the CITES endangered species list, so shipping anywhere is absolutely no problem. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Urm, urm, the woods used are mahogany for the body, spalted maple for the top with a dark wood veneer (probably walnut) in between, maple with walnut veneers for the neck and Macassar ebony for the fingerboard with a spalted maple headstock cover with the same dark wood veneer as the top.

None of these woods are on the CITES endangered species list, so shipping anywhere is absolutely no problem. 😉

Didn’t know Mr Shuker was a member here, but I’m very grateful for your interjection. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

After a successful social distances handover of a bass, I’m willing to meet up to deliver or swap.

My preference is either a vintage (Or reissue) Fender jazz or Precision of some sort, active boutique bass (Sadowsky, Xotic etc) or a string ray. Cash either way is fine as my bass fund has been replenished!