Why become a member? ×

Absolute steal Laney N410

I have nothing to do with this listing, but I do own a laney N410 and love it to bits.

At £185 it's the bargain of the month for anyone down south.

Best sounding, lightest, compact 4x10 I've ever used.

It's on ebay under LANEY N410.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice!

Honestly a fantastic cab.

Have a play with the on / off / half find the sound you like and you're good to go!

It's honestly all you'll need. 

Hot covers also made me a quality padded leather cover. Well worth the money.

You've got a great bargain there!

5 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Vendor had just taken it down, I offered the Asking Price and have just purchased this. Suspect it will go nicely with My recent TE AH500x from @stewblack. What do you reckon Stewart?

Absolutely nowt wrong with Laney mate. I used to use them all the time. Didn't realise they did lightweight 4X10 though... Let us know what you think

On 27/05/2020 at 13:57, la bam said:

Yep. Both great cabs. The 2x10 is very similar size to the 4x10 though.

These never come up, and just as I'm spent up, 3 come along at once! 

Picked it up today, having checked dimensions and weight I went up on Bus  (the Joint Studios @ Kings Cross) decided to do the same on the way back! Just stopped playing with it for now an absolutely awesome little cab. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, can't believe my luck😁😉

On 28/05/2020 at 22:14, stewblack said:

Absolutely nowt wrong with Laney mate. I used to use them all the time. Didn't realise they did lightweight 4X10 though... Let us know what you think

It's a fantastic combination with the Ah500. Half setting on the tweeter suits me but sounds fine on full output too. Wound the volume up to 4ish for a bit ha ha ha, a bigger space may yet get sillier.

2 minutes ago, la bam said:

Youre welcome! It's the best allround cab ive ever used. Good sound, very light and compact and very loud. Enjoy!

It's a pretty devastatng combination with stewblacks. AH500x. First time I've had a 4x10 that weighs less than my Amp, 1st time I've carried a 4x10 on a Bus too😳

• Like 1

1 minute ago, la bam said:

I got a cover for mine with an under strap made by hot covers. Great protection, not cheap (about £60), but worth it.

It's in brilliant nick, I might do that yet. Tend to be a bit pernickety/anal retentive about my stuff. However that tuff coating looks pretty heavy duty. The likelihood of me developing Barefaced longings is now minimal. Why aren't these Nexus Cabs getting more attention/hype?

10 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

It's in brilliant nick, I might do that yet. Tend to be a bit pernickety/anal retentive about my stuff. However that tuff coating looks pretty heavy duty. The likelihood of me developing Barefaced longings is now minimal. Why aren't these Nexus Cabs getting more attention/hype?

It makes no sense to me. People pick barefaced initially as they are so light, yet this laney is approx the same weight as the barefaced 4x10. The drivers are top of the range Italian lavoce, and it's very compact and very loud.

I think some people just think of laney as old, heavy and uninspiring. Such as shame as they really have listened to what bass players want, and produced a range of fantastic cabs, but bass players havent listened to what theyve produced.

I've had barefaced, and to be honest, the laney wins hands down for me.

Edited by la bam

6 minutes ago, la bam said:

It makes no sense to me. People pick barefaced initially as they are so light, yet this laney is approx the same weight as the barefaced 4x10. The drivers are top of the range Italian lavoce, and it's very compact and very loud.

I think some people just think of laney as old, heavy and uninspiring. Such as shame as they really have listened to what bass players want, but bass players havent listened to what theyve produced.

I've had barefaced, and to be honest, the laney wins hands down for me.

I had a look at the LaVoce site, did you know they make 21" neodymium drivers. They even provide free PDF cabinet diagrammatics too. An Isobaric 2x21 with one of those old Yamaha Studio Poweramps Bridged, disaster area/fracking time. Am joking Btw. However I've purchased @chimikes TE 1818 which now seems a bit unnecessary, still might be fun however.

Edited by JottoSW1

1 hour ago, JottoSW1 said:

It's a pretty devastatng combination with stewblacks. AH500x. First time I've had a 4x10 that weighs less than my Amp, 1st time I've carried a 4x10 on a Bus too😳

I think you mean your AH500X. 

😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Social distancing by having a bloody great cab next to you.  A system we can all applaud :)

30 minutes ago, alyctes said:

Social distancing by having a bloody great cab next to you.  A system we can all applaud :)

It's pretty teeny for a 4x10, carried it up 64 steps to my flat using 1 handle. The local yout' were a bit impressed that it was 600w, "you look too old to be a DJ mate". My response was "you look too young to be smoking jazz woodbines sonny"

• Like 1