Why become a member? ×

Zero-Mod Stingray Thumbrest Experience?

Hi everyone,

I've just bough a Musicman USA SUB (NBD thread being prepped for this afternoon) and after a bit of playing around I'm enjoying it very much.

I've been using Jazz and other multiple pickup outfitted basses for a very long time, so I'm used to having a few places to anchor my thumb, so the single H configuration of the SUB is proving to be a bit limiting.

I'm aware of the floating thumb technique being used in such applications, and have found a few instances where this is appropriate, but for a lot of what I play, I would rather have a solid anchor of some type.

I've read of the Zero-Mod thumbrests for several types of basses, and the Stingray version will fit my SUB with no problems, but I've seen very few reports on what these are like from this side of the pond, and indeed whether there is anybody stocking them over here.

Can anybody share their experience of these before I pull the trigger through the Zero-Mod store?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BruceBass3901

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one that I used to use on my stringray 5.

It works very well. Comes with slightly longer screws for a good fit - make sure you keep the old ones for if you you remove it.

I don't think anywhere outside of the USA stocks them - I think they direct sales / BBG / Ebay.