Why become a member? ×

Tele bass buying advice?

meterman

I'd just like to say 'Thank You' to everyone who has shared their knowledge and their time with me in this thread. 🙏

I was initially interested in buying a Tele bass because I thought I would never find a Bullet bass to replace my old beloved USA Bullet that I'd had to sell a couple of years ago. But then @gareth gave me the heads up that he had a spare one he would sell me - fluke or what?!! 💥

So yeah. Massive thanks to everyone I've interacted with here so far. I'm never usually much of a forum person but this place is awesome.

Cheers - Lee

(ps: I'll most likely be doing a NBD soon, you have been warned... :) )

• Like 2

Following a lead from Davie (Kodiakblair) I contacted Brian Pillans on ebay ( earlpilanz) to make  me a replacement pickguard as mine has an extra hole  from its days as a 'twinny'. I sent him my original plate on Thursday,  and he returned it today Wednesday having compared the colours of his stock plastic and given me 2 options. He also made me a couple of inserts to fit the extra hole in my original guard too. I gave the new guard a quick fine steel wool rub-down and soaked it in a Turmeric solution for around 20 minutes and the results are below. Brian was really helpful and for £25 which included Special Return Delivery for my original, the new one was great value for a custom job. I'd really recommend him

P1050251.jpg

• Like 3