Why become a member? ×

Bass Headphone Amp

RnRDave

Been looking at something to do some quiet practice with at home and seen a couple of Bass Headphone Amps. Mainly the VOX and Blackstar ones. The VOX one is about £30 and looks pretty good for what I need it for. 

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone got any experience with these? And are there any other options I'm over looking? Don't want to pay more than £50 really. 

Cheers. 

81fGGWCTPBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, RnRDave said:

Does anyone know if the blue version of the yamaha cake whatsit works the same as the red? Is it the same just with the added XLR?

Yeah it has stereo and Di. I think they’re available for about £30 online. Still not a bad price!

• Like 1

Guest MoJo

I use a Zoom B1on. You’ve got all the amp/cab sims, a plethora of effects, built-in drum machine (preset rhythms) and a looper. It has Aux-In so that you can hook it up to your phone and jam along to your favourites on Youtube. You’d get a used one easily within your budget

17 hours ago, MoJo said:

I use a Zoom B1on. You’ve got all the amp/cab sims, a plethora of effects, built-in drum machine (preset rhythms) and a looper. It has Aux-In so that you can hook it up to your phone and jam along to your favourites on Youtube. You’d get a used one easily within your budget

@MoJo - what headphones are you using BTW?
Just out of interest.... as I'm thinking I may go down a similar route...

On 25/05/2020 at 18:12, MoJo said:

Zoom B1oN for the win here......there may be one in the classifieds ☺️ i've got a Yamaha Sessioncake and it is very good - sound quality is probably a bit better than the Zoom but the sheer amount of other things going on with the Zoom win it for me 

On 24/05/2020 at 20:40, RnRDave said:

There's one of the red ones on ebay for £25 posted. 

Seems a no brainer at that price. 

I thought it was a just a mixer, so not really going to add anything to make it sound more like a rig. 

I’d get a zoom B1-on as others have mentioned,  it’s infinitely more useful. 

Guest MoJo
19 hours ago, Marc S said:

@MoJo - what headphones are you using BTW?
Just out of interest.... as I'm thinking I may go down a similar route...

Just budget Sennheisers, HD206 I believe is the model number. They sound fine to me. Not noise cancelling but fit over the ear and cut out most of the extraneous background noise and I find them comfortable to wear for long periods

If you can stretch to £69 the Zoom B1-Four is a much nicer unit. Easier to use and has proper knobs for EQ and volume. The B1-on is great though. 

These are my Zoom boxes (and recorder). 

All budget stuff that works really well for home use, and I’m sure live as well. 

2FFDDD34-5007-4C8C-AE72-D99C7107026B.thumb.jpeg.d783a72ba0eaac0d29cbf314bccb9b4a.jpeg

On 24/05/2020 at 16:14, RnRDave said:

Before I pull the trigger, has anyone got any experience with these? And are there any other options I'm over looking? Don't want to pay more than £50 really. 

Cheers. 

I don't have an amp at home so I only practice using the Vox headphones amp. I love it: it is small, sound is decent and it does sound just like the bass I plug it into. Batteries last ages and it is great having the possibility to also plug in a aux to play over any music.

I love it so much I also bought one for guitar.

5 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

If you can stretch to £69 the Zoom B1-Four is a much nicer unit. Easier to use and has proper knobs for EQ and volume. The B1-on is great though. 

These are my Zoom boxes (and recorder). 

All budget stuff that works really well for home use, and I’m sure live as well. 

2FFDDD34-5007-4C8C-AE72-D99C7107026B.thumb.jpeg.d783a72ba0eaac0d29cbf314bccb9b4a.jpeg

They should be looking at sponsoring you Dave!!! 🤣