Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Bass in Dakota Red
£1900
Loughton (Essex)

Old Man Riva

2015 Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Bass in Dakota Red finish.

Price: £1900

Weight (by kitchen scales) is a little under 9lbs.

I purchased the bass recently but owing to a need to free up funds I have priced this to (hopefully) sell quickly. I believe similar (new) models are currently listed at £3k+.

The bass plays really nicely and looks lovely. I really like the marriage of a Jazz neck on a Precision body, and with modern touches like the hi-mass bridge, contoured heel, modern tapered tuners and the A-string retainer, this is an instrument that genuinely offers a blend of the old and the new. 

As you'd expect, the Custom Shop hand-wound pickup sounds great. Full and meaty, and also warm and thumpy. Pretty much what you'd want from a Precision! 

It's currently strung with DR Sunbeams (45-105).

The finish has a light relic, where there is checking on the paintwork and a few dings and dongs, for those of us who don't mind that kind of thing! Hopefully this is shown in the photos, but happy to take more if required.

It comes with the original CS case, but I don't have any of the case candy or certificate.

I contacted Fender regarding information on the bass and I have copied their response below for fuller details of the specs. 

Hey Michael,

Thanks for contacting us. This one shows in our records as a Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Bass in Dakota Red from February of 2015. Full specs below. I hope this helps!

Model Name: Postmodern Journeyman Relic® Bass
Model Number: 1500910800, 1500910805, 1500910854
Series: Postmodern
Body: Lightweight Alder Precision Bass® Body
Neck: Quartersawn Maple Jazz Bass® Neck, '60s "U" Shape
Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 7.25" (184.1 mm) Radius with Aged White Dot Position Inlays
No. of Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
Width @ Nut: Micarta, 1.48" (37.59 mm)
Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
Machine Heads: Fender® Light-Weight Vintage Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
Bridge: RSD Designed Hi-Mass
Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment (854)
Pickups: Custom Shop '63 Hand-Wound Precision Bass
Pickup Switching: None
Controls: Volume, Tone
Colors: (1500910800) 3-Color Sunburst,
(1500910805) Olympic White,
(1500910854) Dakota Red,
Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
Other Features: Precision Bass Body with Jazz Bass Neck,
Contoured Heel,
Vintage Chrome Pickup Cover,
“F” Logo Engraved Neck Plate,
"Stealth" A-String Retainer,
Schaller® Straplock Buttons,
Lower Vintage Finger Rest

I'm not looking at trades and ideally not looking to courier at this stage (apologies to anyone outside of the UK), though this may change subject to whether the bass sells etc. I'm happy for collection or to meet/deliver, subject to distance and of course adhering to social distancing etc. Drop me a line if this is something you want to discuss.

Thanks for reading!!

Fender CS 01.jpg

Fender CS 02.jpg

Fender CS 03.jpg

Fender CS 04.jpg

Fender CS 05.jpg

Fender CS 06.jpg

Fender CS 07.jpg

Fender CS 08.jpg

Fender CS 09.jpg

Fender CS 10.jpg

Fender CS 11.jpg

Fender CS 12.jpg

Fender CS 13.jpg

Fender CS 14.jpg

Fender CS 15.jpg

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

That's a beauty Mick! Dakota is my favourite of the Fender reds...must resist...

Hi Kev, it’s a lovely bass, but I need to let it go (I’ve also got a ‘66 P-Bass on sale elsewhere - really cutting back!).

I shouldn’t encourage you (or perhaps I should!) but if you’re tempted then you know where I am!! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

You have got a very nice piece of P-bass on sale here, GLWTS !

Many thanks for your kind words, sir - much appreciated! It is indeed a lovely instrument.

I hadn’t considered some of the more modern aspects of the bass previously. Even though I don’t venture towards the ‘dusty end’ that much the contoured heel feels really comfortable - it’s a surprise (to me, at least!) that something as simple as this hasn’t been considered until recent years (maybe it has and I’m not aware of it?)...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sandypjb said:

That bridge! Very pleasing on the eye.

It works well too. You can either string through the bridge or the body. It also has the grooved saddles, which I actually prefer to the type of saddle they used from (circa?) 1968 where they phased the grooves out. I like being able to have the ability to move the strings slightly either way if I need to - not all Fenders are built in a way where the strings sit exactly where they should in relation the pickup magnets!

I think it’s their version of a Badass style bridge...

17 minutes ago, busccini said:

Are you Sure No shipping?

Hi,

Thanks for the query.

I’ll have a re-think over the next couple of days. It’s not something I’ve done before - and up to now have felt uncomfortable doing - but I completely understand that by choosing not to ship either in UK or overseas it will limit the interest in the bass... and it needs to be played rather than sat in a case!!

Let me have a think about it...

• ped locked this topic