Why become a member? ×

A Hampshire Hello!

Trav

Hi all!

In my late 40's and only now actually looking to pick up my own bass for the first time to get back into playing again.   I say again, the last time I played was somewhere around 20 years ago!   Self taught myself at school in the final couple of years there, getting myself to a point where I could back groups/singers in school concerts effectively then started making random appearances on stage with friend's in Edinburgh for a couple of numbers (usually Sympathy For The Devil, Rockin In The Free World and/or Whole Of The Moon - they were the "guest songs") on his WAL and Fender Jazz basses.  

After a change in life circumstances, stopped going along to see them then ended up on a slightly "hobo" style life with a more addresses than the number of years for the past 10 years so adding to the house contents was never on the table - until now!

Still trying to work a budget out but have started to look around various sites for potential deals to get me back into learning again - and for some reason have a strange fancy to go straight to a 5-string...   Will I join friends back on stage when I go back to see them (they're still gigging!) - yes.   Will I ever hope to do anything more than that?  Naaaah - really just want to enjoy picking one up, playing along with my favourite tunes and dream of what might have been if I'd stuck at it in my younger years!

Edited by Trav
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Whoa whoa whoa.

what’s all this Trav malarkey - we can’t be confusing the issue...

hi Trav...I’m Trav too.

hi I'm so confused.

like the first time I met another boy called Andrew.

welcome x

I'd use my middle name but that's Andrew... Erm, oh, wait....  NOOOOOO!

• Haha 1