Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-3pro

andy67

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

I get the impression, especially from TB, that when it comes to new Ampeg gear, you either get a 100% trouble free unit, or one that is going to give you problems on an ongoing basis (or until you decide to sell it)

That seems to be very true. My conscience would not allow me to sell it on to another but I will be writing to Yamaha expressing my disappointment in this whole episode. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, andy67 said:

That seems to be very true. My conscience would not allow me to sell it on to another but I will be writing to Yamaha expressing my disappointment in this whole episode. 

Good for you for not palming it off onto someone else. I really hope you get some kind of satisfaction.

• Like 1

The replacement arrived yesterday. It's much better than the last one but still has distinct traces of distortion/phasing artefacts after a note is played. These artefacts are more noticeable when playing an harmonic. 

I cannot in good conscience recommend the Chines built Ampeg SVT-3pro so my advice is, steer clear and buy a used US or Korean model for half the price.