Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0

6stringbassist

What's 8" x 9" x 2" weighs just over 2lbs, and theows out 300 watts at 4 ohms ?.

See above for the answer.

I got one on Friday and I'm so pleased with it. I did a gig this afternoon just using one Bergantino EX112ER cab, I didn't need to turn it up more than 6. Admittedly we're not a loud band, but there was guitar, drums, keys and a three piece horn section.

I used it with the EQ set flat, it sounded excellent, totally clean which is why I didn't need to turn it up too loud, it just cut through perfectly.

I made one trip from the car to the venue, I got a little gigbag with the amp for travelling with it, which was cool.

I've been using it at home to power my G-force, I love reverb and chorusy sounds. The G-force is plugged into the effects return, my bass plugged into the G-force. Like this it sounds unreal, not unlike the Bergantino IP cab that I used to have, but better much better.

It's very clean sounding so not to everyones taste, but that's how I like my sound, I like my bass to sound like my bass.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='428964' date='Mar 9 2009, 12:08 AM']What's 8" x 9" x 2" weighs just over 2lbs, and theows out 300 watts at 4 ohms ?.

See above for the answer.

I've been using it at home to power my G-force, I love reverb and chorusy sounds. The G-force is plugged into the effects return, my bass plugged into the G-force. Like this it sounds unreal, not unlike the Bergantino IP cab that I used to have, but better much better.[/quote]

Sounds great :) . Forgive my ignorance but what is a G-Force?

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='429959' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:07 PM']I really like the look of those. Can you elaborate on how it sounds? Can a little cab like that sound BIG?
cheers
Jules[/quote]
In short, yes it can! I don't know how GB have done it but they have made a fantastic combo. I have used the single ten in practice and it has kept up admirably. Admittedly this is without drums but i could do my regualr gig with it with no concerns. Adding my 112 neox just makes it a tiny monster rig. I have the bass and treble boosted a few clicks and the LF boost on and the single 10 handles it all.