Why become a member? ×

Growing old disgracefully.

Tone Deaf

Hi Troops. I am coming back to my bass guitars after a long, long lay off. I have an old Gibson Grabber and a Westone Thunder 3 fretless. I'm a bit all over the place at the moment with various workshop projects, fishing, bait making and the music. I've downloaded Audacity for recording and Hydrogen drum machine for the drummy stuff. I'm making a shelf at the moment for the last bits and pieces like the interface for the laptop. That's a Lexicon, and then I can get started. I bought a cheap practice amp a while back but it sounds so bad that it pulls the fun slider down to zero when playing through it. So here's the rub... I have a couple of 15" Celestion bass speakers I bought 30 years ago. At the time I built a 2 x 15 cab for them but it was so big and heavy I took them out and recycled the cab and the speakers have followed me through life ever since. I've kept the old Marshall valve amp and now want to build a couple of smaller enclosures for the Celestions. I have been searching for Cab plans, designs and am getting nowhere. What's the best way to search the site for info as my initial attempts have produced a  very diverse set of results. It'd be good to narrow them down a bit, and what's the best way to ask for advice and suggestions? Basschat looks great and I'm looking forward to being a nuisance in the very near future. Cheers Dudes. Tony.

• Like 2

Welcome Tony.

B15N style cab build FINISHED!

On 17/08/2019 at 22:29, rubis said:

I found exploded diagrams of the cab design and the baffles, and snippets of information from various sources, including an American company called Fliptop cabinets, who make reproduction cabs and restore original gear. 

Two 1x15s?

16 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Welcome Tony.

Two 1x15s?

17 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Welcome Tony.

Two 1x15s?

Thanks SpondonBassed. Yeah 2 Cabs. I dunno. In my head it'd be more versatile. I could move one very, if say I wanted to take one to a friends for a bit of a jam and a few beers more easily than a 2 x 15. They could stack or spread in the event of going into a rehearsal studio with one of those noisy loutish drummer types and a Jimmy Page lookalike. And having started to read a bit about ported and sealed cabs i could make one of each. I need to look into this a lot more. Thanks for the link mate. I've had a quick scan and it looks really good. I'll have a good read later on with a pint.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tone Deaf said:

Hey Rabbit. No mate. I haven't heard of this. But I just followed the link and Windows defender threw up a warning about accessing further and the possibility of damage to my PC. 

OK mate. I went at it from a different angle and got through. Thank you.