Hellzero

!!! SOLD !!! LAURUS Quasar SL 190 Grafite 6 Fretless with modified "headstock"... Only £1150 delivered to your door !!!
£1150
Etalle, South Belgium

Posted (edited)

Due to severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) and right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4.5 kilos. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale due the "modification".

LAURUS Quasar SL 190 Grafite 6 Fretless with modified "headstock" thanks to some delicate courier. See below the link with the explanations. Price is set accordingly and even for Pierluigi CAZZOLA (LAURUS owner), it's a nice work that suits the bass.

Straight sale only, no trades at all !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1150 GBP !!! (new price at the time with the original "headstock" was around £4500 GBP...)

In fully working condition and very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : mahogany body with tonal chambers (the most expensive model)

Neck : 5 pieces neck through maple and purple heart

Fingerboard : real graphite (carbon, if you prefer)

Fretless : 24 positions

Headstock : headless with massive brass ABM headpiece

Pickup : Bartolini radiused made to measure for Laurus

Preamp : Bartolini TCT

Controls : volume with push-pull for active/passive, bas, mids and treble

Tuners : at the bridge as it's headless

Bridge : 2 pieces Laurus

Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm

Nut : brass

Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm

Knobs : original Laurus

Scale : 34"

Hardware colour : black with gold headpiece

Truss rod : 1 (fully working)

Finish : transparent gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Italy

Serial number : QSL0400516

Year : 2004

Weight : 4.6 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the C string to 2.5 mm under the B string at the octave (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original normally used Laurus gigbag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this Laurus SL 190 Grafite 6 fretless because of my health issues, the modified "headstock" having turned it into a perfectly balanced bass. And it sings wonderfully with loads of mwah and that typical Bartolini fretless sound.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and is fitted with a (now) used set of Elixir nickel plated Nanoweb coating strings (32 - 45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130), which fit the bass to perfection.

Link to the explanations about the modified "headstock"

For those interested, it will come with the remains of the headstock without the headpieces, but wit the Laurus logo.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real very good condition and the usual marks.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

670535206_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(1)_DxO.thumb.jpg.ee2aafcd2f5a5b8a6035954b2263d499.jpg

1127929445_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(2)_DxO.thumb.jpg.7f86d212a2ee0c995bacc13dd76d841c.jpg

750307736_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(3)_DxO.thumb.jpg.e41c1cfa8b4323478c41ac8f2a19c22f.jpg

1032799137_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(4)_DxO.thumb.jpg.52945167f92c24bf3bbfa6075e7f3a0c.jpg

762112080_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(5)_DxO.thumb.jpg.c03587103ba05df8f154f9a0dd591386.jpg

579734543_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(6)_DxO.thumb.jpg.3f121a02ee860f6f2956a0165a512efe.jpg

186243861_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(7)_DxO.thumb.jpg.ffe60f681812664652437fe8b49f93b4.jpg

2007969146_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(8)_DxO.thumb.jpg.71e7171a7ae260afbec8f8326b6f3f00.jpg

1087376749_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(9)_DxO.thumb.jpg.0023ab24d418decbe56c5de633f3912a.jpg

691835192_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(10)_DxO.thumb.jpg.a0ec8909d813b8a6d003700b9c76c526.jpg

713034520_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(11)_DxO.thumb.jpg.0631fa0204cdc6ecde77f8d75b0af325.jpg

112460067_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(12)_DxO.thumb.jpg.85c3deb7bd1494009561a39972b13d4e.jpg

494676172_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(13)_DxO.thumb.jpg.043483b15c30412cab92a912f6aa752b.jpg

1484498986_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(14)_DxO.thumb.jpg.3d675260fc570b7fdb8c4e9edc1a0205.jpg

684274721_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(15)_DxO.thumb.jpg.2bd92ec57aedcb511ba15f0d6425203a.jpg

14655092_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(16)_DxO.thumb.jpg.b0097d568235a5fe8313283ea007f6e8.jpg

1743938989_LaurusQuasarSL190Grafite6fretless(17)_DxO.thumb.jpg.b40d0b6ebbe4e41b7e30bb2daa315050.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, chrisbass13 said:

Personally I like it even more without the headstock :)

Yes, me too ! 

GLWYS ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On hold. :)

• Confused 1

What are those little stud things on the bass side of the body? I've seen them on other Laurus basses. 

It's a chambered body, so these are the "f-holes". There are also 2 under the truss rod cover.

• Thanks 1

Love the headless design, remember seeing pics of it being made.

• Thanks 1

And sold.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sibob
      Hi all,
      Now fully up for sale, Part-Ex options would be a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with cash my way too, possibly a Lakland 55-60, or maybe a Precision 4 string of some description.
      I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.
      So spec is:
      35″ scale
      Swamp Ash Body
      8.5 Lbs (approx)
      Satin Matte Black Finish
      3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
      Ebony Fretboard
      24 frets
      2-way adjustable truss rod
      Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
      Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
      Fully shielded control cavity
      Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
      Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
      Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
      £1500 - No Case
      No way of shipping just at the moment, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover. As such, UK only for now.

• By Nicholasbt
      Selling this unique bass, very special one. The only existing bolt-on mBass ever made by Marleaux. It is a bolt on as that is usually the prefered construction type by many for a more balanced fretless sound.
      New price would be around 4800€, but this bass was a one of, so cannot be ordered new.
      The bass is in absolute pristine condition with no dings or marks. I am only selling it because I need the money and this bass is not getting used ao much.
      Specs:
      - 34" scale, 
      - 5 string lined fretless 24 fret marks
      - three-peace maple neck
      - ebony fingerboard
      - mahogany body
      - figured pear wood top with wenge accent veneer
      - delano quad coil pickups
      - marleaux 3 band eq with active-passive switch
      - includes marleaux rigid gigbag, strap locks, tools and marleaux booklet
      - includes a new set of Marleaux roundwound strings
      - ships with laBella deep talking flatwounds.
      - include two ebony finger ramps (currently not installed on the bass)
      Asking 3300€/2995£ negotiable. Can ship worldwide.
      I could consider partial trades with money my way with things like: Fender american precision basses and/or 5 string american active jazz basses (can be nom fender) Noble preamps, vanderkley amplificarion stuff, trickfish preamps, some pedals, and yamaha silent basses. 

• By silverfoxnik
      *** Now SOLD ***

Hi Folks 
      I'm selling this Ibanez Musician Studio Fretless Bass on behalf of a friend of mine who's had it in his recording studio for many years but now wants to move it on. 
      Was up for £675, but It's now offered for sale at £SOLD. 
      As can be seen in the photos, the bass and the case are in good condition for their age, considering they're getting on for 40 years old.  
      I think the bass is the lined fretless version of the Ibanez Musician ST924WN model, as can be seen here in this Reverb advert a few years ago:
      https://reverb.com/uk/item/1098372-ibanez-musician-studio-bass-st924wn-1979-walnut-mahogany
      But hopefully, @Bassassin might be able to offer some words of wisdom on this and put me right if I've got it wrong .. 😁
      The bass has recently had a once over by a local guitar/bass tech, so all the electrics are working and it's properly set up. Strings are old though, so they will need changing by its new owner. 
      Having said that, this bass really has that fretless 'mwahh' sound and it's got seriously loud pick ups! There's a great range of tones available from the active circuitry too.. 
      For anyone seriously interested, the bass can be viewed and tested by prior appointment in the Littlehampton area of West Sussex. 
      With regards to shipping, its definitely possible to send it via an insured courier service (at buyers expense), but it is a heavy bass as I'm sure anyone looking at this advert with a serious interest in the bass will know.
      I haven't weighed it, but it is heavy!! It's kind of like a Rolls Royce of a bass really - everything about it is quality and it's been built to last! 
      Anyway, if you've any questions about the bass, please send me a PM and I'll go back to the owner to get you an answer, though that may take a few hours or so depending on his availability.
      Thanks for looking! 😊
      Nik 

• By EddHytheTown
      Up for sale only (no trades thanks) my Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz (with Stagg gig bag - basically a dust cover with no padding). I've seen some ludicrous ambitious prices for these one ebay recently, but hopefully I've got this up at a fair price. This Andertons link has specifications, which I believe should be correct. 
      I've owned this for a few years from new but it's never been gigged and only occasionally played at rehearsal plus home use, so good condition. The plastic is still on the control panel - that's why it looks so smeared in the first photo.
      I've tried to highlight the only major ding on the back of the body (a £1 coin for size reference). There are a couple of minor blemishes that I couldn't capture with the camera, and some minor marking on the fingerboard.
      Strung with Rotosound Jazz flatwounds now I think. I think it was originally strung with rounds which may account for some of the marking on the fingerboard - I changed them quite soon after buying the bass. I've tried to show some of the marking in the photos - it doesn't affect the playability. 
      This has been a good introduction to fretless, but I just don't play it enough and should be moving house quite soon - hence the sale. No trades thanks (I may also be saving for a 5 string after the move...!).
      Collection preferred from SE London (Sydenham SE26 area ideally), but could also meet around London - public transport and social distance rules permitting. I would not be comfortable sending by post - I have no experience of this and no spare solid case or packing materials available.
      Any questions let me know. 
      Cheers,
      Edd