Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Gretsch Electromatic G5440 Long Scale Bass with Stagg Hard Case £525
£525
Bruton, Somerset

yorks5stringer

Strong Feeler for this lovely Bass?

Here's what Gretsch say about it:

The G5440LS Electromatic Hollow Body Long-Scale Bass is a stylishly seismic new Gretsch bass guitar armed with two powerful new Black Top Filter'Tron™ humbucking bass pickups that endow it with an electrifying deep-end voice and identity.

Its single-cutaway hollow and bound body resonates with full bass tone and balance, and features sound-post bracing and elegant bound F-holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and Hump Block pearloid inlays, three-position pickup switch, classic G-arrow control knobs, rosewood-based four-saddle Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and G-cutout tailpiece.

Strung with La Bella Flats, I can't find any damage and it comes with a Stagg hard case.  Just revisiting the photos, there are no marks on the back or front, it is just the light catching the body in the sun. These Basses retail at £850 and a Gretsch hard case would cost a further £200 so my price for an 'as new' example represents a substantial saving!

Do PM me for further info if interested please?

P1050213.thumb.JPG.c807f221ce803e8fdf0f46780fc5862f.JPGP1050215.thumb.JPG.ba3dbede343a0fe50d1c56cc3169cbaa.JPGP1050243.thumb.JPG.75489b9914de8cecc8d072ab5b1a4bd3.JPG

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 2

Thank goodness - this is a nice thing but mercifully not my bag... There are two things I covet most in bass-land, which are maple boarded Precisions and TE amps (don't know why, I just do)... and this is neither.

Anyone reading this in the future will have no idea why I'm wittering on about such things, and that pleases me 🙂

Mr. yorks5stringer sir, all is forgiven - but know that most of the views on that Player series P are me...

• MB1 locked this topic