Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan BlueFlower Bass 1993 re-issue with Original Case £725 NOW SOLD
£725
Bruton, Somerset

yorks5stringer

Again seeing if there is any interest in this lovely Bass.

Back in the 60's Fender built the Pink Paisley and Blueflower Basses for just 2 years, 68-70. This is a Japanese re-issue from 1993 and is still in excellent  condition for 27 years old. The Blueflower pattern is sealed below a clear coat and although just a single Pickup it makes a good sound,. although slightly one-dimensional. Consequently I commissioned Oil City Pickups to make a custom replacement which has a more balanced tonal pallette but will include the original upon negotiation. I've had a good look at the Bass and can see just 2 small issues, one is a dint on the face of the headstock and the other very slight cracking of the lacquer on the neck, both are photographed for full disclosure. Just to confirm, the  hairline lacquer crack was present when I bought the Bass and has not spread and is just the lacquer, not a crack in the wood! On closer inspection there is some very light corrosion on the control plate and bridge commensurate with its age. This would probably polish off but I've left it as  mojo. If a prospective buyer is worried about this I'd gladly take some close-up photos of the areas mentioned for their reassurance.

The only other slight issue is that the original 1993 case  r/h catch  does not latch but the centre and l/h still do. I bought a replacement lock set but it does not match and wanted to keep it original....the case is probably worth £100 on its own too!

I've plenty of Bass Boxes so would happily Courier it, double boxed ( case inside of box) at the Buyers expense.

PM me please for further details.

P1050223.thumb.JPG.a14d9fc93c10e4d28f4602fb1c82b7ae.JPGP1050225.thumb.JPG.7d7c5d04c1591714d16ab56818175f28.JPGP1050227.thumb.JPG.a294f5e410294308e4dacf7c4d26850b.JPGP1050230.thumb.JPG.0a26e9524a98507784fbe6b3dd0cc554.JPGP1050232.thumb.JPG.8900b05e8890ca724f410ecc7dc9551d.JPG

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 4

Look, I know we've never met, and from the way you write your descriptions you seem like a really nice chap... but please stop putting basses I (really) like up for sale, or we are going to fall out! (Good luck btw)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, b7l4s said:

Look, I know we've never met, and from the way you write your descriptions you seem like a really nice chap... but please stop putting basses I (really) like up for sale, or we are going to fall out! (Good luck btw)!

Let's see if I can get the hat-trick?

1 hour ago, ash said:

The ubiquitous weight question? 

Well I've got to admit I put some weight on at the start of the lock-down but now doing 1.5 hour walks and up hills, so it's started to come down now.

The Bass is however resolutely stuck around 4.0kg, weighed on the bathroom scales. I say 'around' as they seem to vary by 0.1kg every time I do it!

• Haha 1