Why become a member? ×

‘66 P Bass. Warning - sunburst content...

Daz39

Who cares... it’s a fender ... and it’s old 

what could go wrong ? It is by definition totally f ucking amazing because magic has seeped into it whilst it was stored in its special case that the pixies made for it 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 21/05/2020 at 23:30, ClassicVibes said:

The thing with these vintage Fenders is that the ones that are in better condition means they might not have been played much so MIGHT be a dog. Lovely bass though.

This is what Chris Wolstenholme once said but I think that’s horseshit.

Some people will buy a guitar to play every now and again and some people will play 350 shows a year. Some people will keep the guitar safe in a case away from radiators, others don’t mind a bit of wear. 

• Like 1

I’ve got a ‘66 P bass. It’s an absolute belter! It sounds amazing and is easily the best Fender P I’ve had. It’s had a refin but that’s about it. Will be my main gigging bass once we can actually gig again. 477F2532-A257-4EA9-A51E-9F70C86D36C4.thumb.jpeg.da8244e47eb9b50f4c2e5a6556389948.jpeg

• Like 5

Ive bought from Bass Direct a few times and always had great service but he doesnt half seem to get giddy with his prices when he gets in ‘vintage’ fenders!  Theres a 70’s jazz on the site too at an eye an eye watering price.  Everytime he gets in a 70’s fender his pricing is miles off, he seems to be a bit ‘excited’ with this 60’s one too IMHO

1 hour ago, Pow_22 said:

Ive bought from Bass Direct a few times and always had great service but he doesnt half seem to get giddy with his prices when he gets in ‘vintage’ fenders!  Theres a 70’s jazz on the site too at an eye an eye watering price.  Everytime he gets in a 70’s fender his pricing is miles off, he seems to be a bit ‘excited’ with this 60’s one too IMHO

It’s likely to be a commission sale so I guess they’ll put it at what the seller wants + 20%. If it doesn’t sell then that’s the sellers problem not theirs. 

Anyone been to Bass Direct and worked out what the 78 P in Honeyburst had scratched into the back? Somebody made an attempt to sand it out; I think it might read ‘Luv Your Weller’ 🤔🤪

835CB08E-5BF9-49BA-B126-4790D0F61D77.jpeg

Edited by cytania

On 23/05/2020 at 08:58, OliverBlackman said:

This is what Chris Wolstenholme once said but I think that’s horseshit.

Some people will buy a guitar to play every now and again and some people will play 350 shows a year. Some people will keep the guitar safe in a case away from radiators, others don’t mind a bit of wear. 

Very true I once owned a Greco Rick copy that the original owner was a person with more money than sense bought the bass new played it for about 3 months & put it under his bed for almost 20 years only comming out once a year to basicaly see if it was still there & when under the bed for another year . Untill he found out via a friend  I was interested   

22 minutes ago, Bassmingo said:

So if a 66 P has an asking of GBP6250, anyone want to hazard a guess at what the asking on this 59 is? (I know, I just want to see if any of you guys get close)

https://www.someneckguitars.com/collections/featured/products/fender-precision-bass-1959

From a dealer/via retailer (and depending on which dealer it was) then I imagine it would be listed anything between £10k-£15k.

Of course if it were a private sale then the price would in all likelihood be lower, which has always been the case... 

To put it into context some of the Fender Custom Shop models are listed via retail at close to £4k - there’s a master built Precision listed at Peach Guitars for nearly £8k.

21 minutes ago, Old Man Riva said:

From a dealer/via retailer (and depending on which dealer it was) then I imagine it would be listed anything between £10k-£15k.

Of course if it were a private sale then the price would in all likelihood be lower, which has always been the case... 

To put it into context some of the Fender Custom Shop models are listed via retail at close to £4k - there’s a master built Precision listed at Peach Guitars for nearly £8k.

You're bang on. It's €15k or about GBP13k