will4bass

*SOLD* Fender Jazz Bass 1973
£2950
Hilversum The Netherlands

Posted (edited)

Great Fender Jazzbass 1973 with OHSC. Apart from the bridge pickup being replaced with a same but ‘75 grey bottom at some time it is 100% original. Very comfortable player,  light, good balance, slim neck and low action. Nice growly fat Jazzbass sound. These early 70's Fenders have something different going on. And oh yes, the bass has some love signs but all works fine, including the trussrod.

IMG_5830.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 8

Birthday bass right there..... Sweet mother of jesus... Thought to myself "Surely the old girl wont throw my geriatric derrière out during lockdown" 🤔 who really needs an holiday when you,ve been at home for 10 wks 😎

• Haha 1

I'm not usually a big fan of Jazz basses, but that one could change my mind. GLWTS!

• Like 1

Fantastic !!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

Whatever you saved for a rainy day... it’s raining now! 😊

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BaggyMan
      Parts list
      Bone white Fender 2010 vintage USA made body (through strung so ‘may’ be Elite or professional series)
      Lindy Fralin pickups. Bridge pickup rewound by bare knuckle pickups to LF spec.
      CTS pots and cloth wiring
      Mighty Mite Fender licensed neck, ebony board with additional fret position marker on upper side.
      Generic through strung bridge

Story:
      I started this bass about 10 years ago, building it up, and swapping in/out choice parts as they become available.
      I have had a couple of necks on there and it has never disappointed, great playing bass. In the last couple of year it has been set up with a mighty mite fretless neck.
      The neck is second (third..maybe fourth who knows..) hand and seen some action, I refinished it in Nitro and it plays really nicely although the truss rod is now quite tight. So not perfect but good to go. Doesn’t affect playability or setup, but pointing it out for clarity. The fret position markers have been added and ar only visible from the top

The body is in good overall condition, few dints but nothing major. The Lindy Fralins are classic jazz style (as opposed to super hot). Cavities are shielded etc and there is no discernable 60Hz issues. All in all a lovely instrument

Selling at cost of parts price basically (these trying times being what they are …) as a playing fretless, or whip the neck off and go fretted, both would give you a great playing bass.

• By Captain Bassman
      For sale, my beautiful 1966 Fender Precision in fantastic condition, all original (as far as I am aware) with original finish and original Fender hard case (including Fender catalogue).
      This is a player’s bass, not a case queen, but has been extremely well cared for by previous owners as well as by me.
       It has light signs of wear and some dings as you’d expect a 54 year old to have. I’ve gigged the bass extensively in the time I’ve owned it and always kept/transported it in a Hiscox LiteFlite case, not the OHSC.
      Apart from some minor body chips and scratches there are a couple of small dents in the neck behind frets 1-3 but these aren’t noticeable under the hand. There’s also some lovely light checking to the lacquer on the headstock and rear of the body. I’ve tried to capture these as best I can with my phone camera.
      Pups, pots, wiring and solder joints all look all original. The pups are still bonded to the black foam and backing plate. No dating is evident and I didn’t want to risk separating them to try and find out.
      Pots are stamped 6618 which I believe is week 18 of 1966 (kindly correct me if I’m wrong).
      The date stamp on the neck is partially faded and obscured by red ink but this is how it was when I bought it. To my eyes it reads 5 MAY 66 C. The neck is classic P chunky, solid and straight with a fully functioning truss rod and reverse tuners on the headstock.
      Beautiful striping on the rosewood fingerboard and there’s plenty of life left in the slim frets. The bass is currently strung with LaBella flats.
      Comfortably light, on the digital bathroom scales it comes in at 8.6 lbs / 3.9 kg.
      The case has a few dings and a couple of smallish rips but inside is clean and plush and all catches and hinges function (I don’t have the keys though). It came to me with a 1967-68 Fender catalogue inside which is in lovely condition and a really nice piece of history.
      This is a beautiful example of a mid-60’s P bass with a classic full burpy sound that sits so well in the band mix.
      Now... I know there are some real vintage aficionados and experts on the forum so in the spirit of openness and honesty I want to mention 3 things;
      Control knobs. These are more than likely the originals but still look brand new. I have no way of knowing as these were the knobs it came to me with but I am just saying as someone pointed it out to me.
      Ashtrays. Both are in really good clean condition and I believe are the originals. They show light scratching close up which doesn’t come out in the photos. Inside the bridge cover there is no evidence left of any foam mutes but there is some surface roughness in that area.
      E string tuner. Fully operational and stable but a bit stiffer than the other 3. I’ve had it apart and lubricated it, can’t see anything wrong, so it’s a bit better but wanted to point this out to potential buyers. 
      I’m offering this bass for sale only (no trades thank you) at a competitive price based on what I’ve seen similar condition basses advertised by reputable dealers.
      I’m happy to ship at the buyer’s expense or arrange personal socially-distanced collection within a reasonable radius (location KT18).
      David

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

• By mart3442
      Final price drop: £1500 to go

Bought from a fellow basschatter a couple of years ago. A very late '77/early '78 factory fretless Fender Precision. (Serial no says 1977, neck and pickup dates say 1978)....
      In great condition for a 42 year old Bass, the finish has sunk into the grain in parts on the body, a few little marks here and there, and some lacquer chips on the headstock, but no major dings anywhere.
      Judging by the crazing in the headstock lacquer, I'd say it's been finished in nitro cellulose.
      The scratchplate has a slight warp in it, which isn't unusal for this era.
      The nut has been changed to brass, a long time ago from the looks of it, and likewise, the bridge barrels have also been replaced with brass items. Other than those, and some of the scratchplate and pickup screws, this is a very original instrument.
      The fingerboard has just been reshot and dressed to the correct radius by Mike Smith Guitars, Southport, and is a lovely piece of highly grained Rosewood, in perfect condition, that plays like new.
      Weight is typical Fender fretless fare, I'd say between 9 and 10 pounds. Not as heavy as the maple necked one I sold on here a few years ago, but meaty enough.
      A semi rigid case is included with the Bass, but for an extra £60, I'll throw in a Hiscox instead.
      Happy to courier, (I estimate £30-35 with insurance extra), or any buyer may collect.
      Any questions, please ask.
      Cheers.
      Mart

• By King Tut
      For sale is my beautiful V7 Five String. I only bought this in case I ever needed a fiver for an awkward keyed song. I absolutely love the bass but can't get on with the neck width at the nut, I have tiny hands. It's never been gigged - in fact, it hasn't left the house, so it's immaculate, blemish free, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's almost virginal in its innocence. OK I'll stop waffling sorry.
      She's Ash bodied - looks like two piece with a maple board and pearloid block inlays. She weighs in at a reassuring 10.2lb
      I'm not really looking for trades but may be interested in something short scale, particularly if it were japaneezy and Mustang shaped.
      I'm based in sunny Milton Keynes and you're welcome to come over for a socially distanced tryout, or I can post at your expense and risk.