Why become a member? ×

EQ2 Programmable Equalizer - Source Audio

Daz39

I understand that, but for me it's only the programmable EQ section that's interesting, I have absolutely no use of the rest.

The fully parametric programmable EQ and the computerised ones are a great plus over the first version for sure, but not at tree times the price. :crazy:

• Like 1

It is indeed a very powerful tool. The tuner is great and will replaces tuners on boards easily. It can be used as a very tasty foot-sweepable filter. You can sweep four bands using the onboard external control section. Via MIDI you can sweep all 10, feed them moving patterns like the Moog MURF. Ironically for foot sweepable stuff it’s better for that than the C4 as it covers the whole 20Hz-20KHz range whereas the C4 caps at 6Khz.

Here I use the C4’s factory patch “EDM Swell” into the EQ2 to sweep the filters.

Due to the dual channel arrangement, you can use the pedal at two points in your signal chain simultaneously with independent settings.

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

It is indeed a very powerful tool. The tuner is great and will replaces tuners on boards easily. It can be used as a very tasty foot-sweepable filter. You can sweep four bands using the onboard external control section. Via MIDI you can sweep all 10, feed them moving patterns like the Moog MURF. Ironically for foot sweepable stuff it’s better for that than the C4 as it covers the whole 20Hz-20KHz range whereas the C4 caps at 6Khz.

Here I use the C4’s factory patch “EDM Swell” into the EQ2 to sweep the filters.

Due to the dual channel arrangement, you can use the pedal at two points in your signal chain simultaneously with independent settings.

Hah - I knew you'd corrupt a clever eq pedal into another filter - you just want to confuse all the 'which filter pedal do I need?' posters!

Does it have a similar function to the EQ1 with the random sweep thingy? 

21 hours ago, fretmeister said:

It does look cool.

But being a luddite I think I prefer the Boss EQ-200 for ease of use and old fashioned slidey things!

For live use, a key feature of any EQ is surely being able to adjust on the fly? Old fashioned slidey things will definitely have an advantage on that score.

It is useful to have preset EQs to recall though. Fortunately I get that functionality for no extra cost on my multifxs. 

1 hour ago, Daz39 said:

Hah - I knew you'd corrupt a clever eq pedal into another filter - you just want to confuse all the 'which filter pedal do I need?' posters!

Does it have a similar function to the EQ1 with the random sweep thingy? 

I’ve never used the original EQ pedal so don’t know what features it has. The EQ2 doesn’t have a random sweep. I did ask about putting in an LFO and basic envelope like in the modulation pedals; Jesse had considered it but wanted to avoid the whole MIDI clock thing.

I managed to get it to do phasers too as you can dial in four sweepable notches internally (more via midi).

• Like 1