Why become a member? ×

Interface for IPAD

Gully35

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can give me some advice.

Looking an Interface to record bass through GarageBand on my iPhone/ IPad over guitar parts received from a friend.

I was looking at the Focusrite Itrack Solo - is this suitable, or is there a better alternative around a similar price?

Thanks in advance for you input.

Wayne

If you want to get into Logic Pro Macbook

If you want only GB - ipad - loads you can still do.

They are so powerful now that it’s practically a computer - also depends on personal computing needs and whether you should add a magic pad / keypad to it.

If you can get both - amazing as you can use your iPad as a control for logic on your MacBook and also have things like synth key apps to pop into logic

I’m not an expert, but I bought on iTrack Solo for my son. Works great on iPhone, and can also be used on a laptop. Sounds fine to me, good set of features for the money. Bear in mind if used with iPhone or iPad then it needs external power from a USB charger - it takes its power from the laptop though if you’re using it that way. 

If you are spending £150 quid on an interface, you may as well get an HX Stomp which can act as the interface AND gives you loads of great sounds..... only another £300..... go on... treat yourself..... you know it makes sense !!!

5 minutes ago, Gully35 said:

Ha I wish! Thanks for the gentle persuasion though! 
 I think it’s either the Focusrite Itrack Solo or the Apogee Jam+. 
The iRig 2 HD has some bad reviews regarding latency.

The jam+ can be left with latency (why you’d choose that...🤷🏻‍♂️)  or you can select zero latency. 

makes life so easy.