Why become a member? Ɨ

Gev Delano plays Bach on a fretless.

dave_bass5

Fretlines may have been useful or not, butĀ  sometimes his fretting hand is way off the lines enough to be a tad sharp or flat, but its hard to hear at that speed.

None the less,Ā  it was fab playing.Ā  I couldnt do that even if i rehearsed my nuts off.

• Like 1

Is he North Korean by any chance? They scarily force kids into learning things like this to be the best. Ive never heard of him until now but I Googled him on Yahoo andĀ the time he would have to put in to learning all of the very complicated songs he has online would take up most of his young life. I marvel at this ability but when I see it on a kid as young as that I think it's a bit freaky.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, ubit said:

Is he North Korean* by any chance? They scarily force kids into learning things like this to be the best.

* or Russian, or American, or _________

Place whatever country on the line. If the kid is OK with the training, go ahead. If not, blame his/her parents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hellzero said:

I hate this kind of videos, it's just torturing kids for the fame of a state.

Here, he has no feeling and is very often out of tune...

Poor kid, I'm really sorry for him.Ā šŸ˜”

I have to agree with Tony here!!

I also think is exploitation to make some money over YouTube (nothing wrong with it) just not my kind of thing

I don't find it inspiring or not I'm amazed

also something dodgy with the video like he has been speed up, sound it's tooĀ  weird .

I ve done that when transcribing slowing down then speed it up etc and sounds exactly the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are a lot of assumptions being expressed here, but it says a lot when the majority of posts are focussed on trying to find something negative to say.

That's exceptional playing for a kid of his age and physical development.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

That's exceptional playing for a kid of his age and physical development.

Of course it is but to get to that level takes many thousands of hours practice. What age is he? I don't know but he looks very young. When I was that age I was running up hills and playing dead mans fall or knifey. Having fun with my mates!

• Like 1

It's still torture to my eyes. The poor kid has even been taught the face to have and how to behave to look like the "real" one(s). There's nothing negative in my comment(s), simply a gutted feeling. This kid will be emotionally and physically destroyed for his whole life by this circus thing.

• Like 1

I went to school with that 'Korean' guy. He is 57 years old and comes from Ystrad GynlaisĀ  in S. Wales. He was doing these party tricks in the early 1980s at the Ebbw Vale Garden Festival dressed as a gnome. He has that brittle bone disease that stops him growing. He even nicked that bass from Percy Jones's dad's shed in Llandrindod Wells, the little turd. Ā 

• Haha 6

Nice oneĀ @Bilbo...

The Indonesian kid is 9 years old and will suffer from early arthritis,Ā tendinitis and shoulder capsulitis in a few years. That's the very sad part of the story, but no one seems to care.

That said Marco Pistone puts more feeling and precision at the same speed, ... on a fretted bass.

17 hours ago, spencer.b said:

For me that's a great feel , sound and technique for a 10 year oldĀ  , looks like he's loving it too, why all the hate?

No hate from me, I just think for a kid that age to be THAT good means that he hasn't had a normal childhood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All of you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.

I grew up playing Graham (11)Ā Stanley (12-15) and Jaco ( 16-59)Ā and do all the magic tricks byĀ 17 yrs old. (Donna Lee, Portrait of Tracy, Duel of the JesterĀ and Tyrant.) Since 2008 Iā€™ve studied Upright with names you should recognize.Ā 

1st and foremost, the kid is smiling and grooving his behindĀ off. That should tell you something. Ā His feel is A++

2nd He hears ALLĀ OF THE MUSIC.; every little bounce, burp, nick and pop.Ā Thatā€™s like understanding calculus but doing it in crayon with bad handwriting. Ā Particularly his rhythmic articulation is all there.

Branford once told me something that I had proved true: when you get a sound in your ear, your brain figures out how to get it eventually. In my experience, the cats who neverĀ make it happen donā€™t really hear it in their ear first. Check back with him in 24 months.

3rd to the extent that heā€™s flubbing some notes, playing out of tune, ghost noting and faking some notes, he has learned the First Commandment of Bass:

ā€œThou may f)$@Ā up the note but thou must never f%#*Ā up the groove.ā€

He knows this at 10!

Your quibbling about him only is an admission of failure for all to see.Ā 

Put something up that shows us how itā€™s done if you donā€™t like what heā€™s doing rather than trying to tear him down. Damn. You just put your weakness on full display when you try to tear him down,

Edited by BassicBbBlues