Why become a member? ×

Pavel de la Fuente

Ander87

Hi gang,

I've been offered a trade involving a Pavel de la Fuente bass - I've looked around and there's zero info on them in here; nonetheless, talkbass has some juicy dramas about scams from allegedly 3rd parties, deposits taken for basses never delivered after 2 or 3 years... The reality is the bass on offer is here and it does look good.

Hipshot hardware, nordstrand electronics, swamp ash and hard rock maple - all in it looks well finished and the actual owners I've seen mention they are fantastic basses but hmmmmm.... thinking in terms of resale if I change my mind in the future and whatnot is always the trouble with less known brands...!

What do you guys think / know / would do?

pavel1.jpg

pavel2.jpg

pavel3.jpg

pavel4.jpg

pavel5.jpg

Maybe you'll have better luck searching Google for the Pavel Jazz Pro 🙂

I have no first hand experience with the basses, but the impression I get is Pavel is a fantastic luthier but a terrible businessman 😅 Someone I know owns a brilliant 6-string Pavel singlecut and raves about it. 

Edited by LeftyJ

That's a very good point @itu - initially it ticks all of my boxes, but what if it's not what I expect? buying blind unfortunately has to allow for that possibility that it may not be for me.

I want to reduce all my gear to that 5er that does most of what I want it to do right - if that ever exists....!

• Like 1