Why become a member? ×

Please lock- bass going to charity shop!
£120
Brighton

soldersqueeze

Collection from Brighton only. I really cannot be bothered to post it, I'd rather put it up for free on Gumtree.

Had this knocking around ages, bought because I love Primus, never played because I struggle to find uses for all four strings, let alone need another two...

It's missing the truss rod cover and knobs, but other than that it's in fine condition.

It's an awful lot of bass for the money in my opinion.

Might trade for a Squier Bronco or other short scale

IMG-20200520-WA0007.thumb.jpg.434d8ab9b3ee085284bf01f1e36ccae0.jpg

IMG-20200520-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0952b0decdd080419abc73f3af6c495d.jpg

IMG-20200520-WA0005.thumb.jpg.a0cb8b95f17484399ead6ef727ff8e47.jpg

Edited by soldersqueeze
Price increase

I've played one of these, and actually owned the later model for a couple of weeks. They're a lot better than the name and price point would suggest. A good introduction for anyone wanting to try a sixer without spending a lot of money. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

If i could get a box and proper packing i'd post it happily, but with things being the way they are i cant really get it together. I was hoping listing it at a silly low price i could shift it. Having played it a while again i do think £70 is a totally ridiculous price :)

If it's still sat here when the local guitar shops reopen i'll try and find a box and update the ad.

Either that or i'll put it on evilBay for 99p no reserve and hope someone bites.

I just want to buy a new Squier Bronco and mess with it, but i need this to go away first!

Your local Telly shop will have packaging, I get anything I need local, they’re glad to get rid. At your price it would be easy enough split the body and neck reduce the package size and lessen the chance of breakage, buyer re-assembles. Simples

• Like 1

I've been sending earlier this week a bass in my now well known bomb proof package (11 kilos) from Belgium to Norway in express delivery (next day) for a bit less than £60 GBP including customs paperwork as Norway is out of the EEC...

Sending a bass uninsured via ParcelForce UK/UK through ParcelMonkey is about £10. I did mention this. But still, the price for postage was £200. If the offer I made was not acceptable, the best option is to say so, and not take the time wasting passive aggressive approach! 

34 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Sending a bass uninsured via ParcelForce UK/UK through ParcelMonkey is about £10. I did mention this. But still, the price for postage was £200. If the offer I made was not acceptable, the best option is to say so, and not take the time wasting passive aggressive approach! 

£60 posted was silly and you know it. I also put in the advert that I'm not going to post it. I made a perfectly polite offer to post it and you seem to want to trash me for it? You're the time waster, not me.

Thanks for making this public, too. Stay classy, kid ;)

I've amended the listing to remove any silly pleas for sale. They're clearly seen by some to mean I need money desperately and it's time to try and exploit that. If anyone wants to pick it up they can, but mods can lock this thread for all I care.

My PM to you was polite, completely inoffensive and was an offer that you could have just said no to. You didn't need to go down the silly route of asking for £200 postage. All you needed to say was 'No thanks'. Until you edited your thread, your post contained in capital letters a good number of lines saying 'PLEASE BUY ME, MAKE AN OFFER' or words to that effect. My offer wasn't rude or insulting, if you feel like me mentioning your response in this thread is out of line, then that tells me you know your response was uncalled for. 

You wanted £70 (as per your pre-edited thread), I offered £60 with postage costing £10 netting you £50, I quite understand if it's not enough, that's absolutely fine. Just less of the needless passive aggressiveness next time please. 

For clarity:

188837456_Screenshot_20200813-212544_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.db252ddc8c6024a106406d64a969b74d.jpg

Stay classy Frank.

Edited by binky_bass

2 minutes ago, soldersqueeze said:

For the record, yes I put £200 as an offer.

£120 for the bass, £40 for insured postage, £10 for materials and £30 for my time

Yep, it's a lot, but that's because I don't want to post it

You clearly said 'post it for an extra £200'. 

Well, guess it's all my fault, that was a typo. To think, this could have all been avoided if you hadn't gone.. well, whatever this nonsense is.

I'm going to ask this thread to be locked, so please get any snide remarks or comments in ASAP, I don't want to be accused of censorship.

• ped locked this topic