Why become a member? ×

The First Socially Distanced Gig (in US)

Drax

What an absolute shambolic way to try and get live music happening again. Did the venue break even? I highly doubt it. 

A far better option would be to have outdoor venues where you could pull up in your car (like a drive in movie theatre) and watch the gig from the safety of your vehicle and avoid interaction with others. 

Not that gigs should be happening during these uncertain times. 

Edited by ClassicVibes

29 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

A far better option would be to have outdoor venues where you could pull up in your car (like a drive in movie theatre) and watch the gig from the safety of your vehicle and avoid interaction with others. 

I think they did this somewhere in Scandinavia (I want to say Denmark). Given that the drive-in movie is a very US thing anyway, you'd think that would be their first move.

My understanding is that the 2 m rule is for short duration exposures, and if you spend a long time with people, e.g. a rehearsal,  2 m spacing will not help you.

As others have said, a drive in would be a safer option, but if you had to hang a speaker on your window, you could pick up infections from that, or if you leave your windows open, then you lose the 2 m when someone (drunken idiot) walks past.

David

22 hours ago, Mottlefeeder said:

As others have said, a drive in would be a safer option, but if you had to hang a speaker on your window, you could pick up infections from that, or if you leave your windows open, then you lose the 2 m when someone (drunken idiot) walks past

Generally at a drivethrough you listen to the sound on your radio

23 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

Well looking at the amount of people there, we would be lucky to have half that many at most of the gigs we play so I guess we were social distancing well ahead of the curve!

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

That pretty much looks like 60% of the venues we play already. We have clearly been advocates of social distancing for years!!

🦜