Why become a member? ×

Roger Waters........

1 minute ago, NickD said:

I'm far from an expert in songwriting, but for example on Echoes, the double compilation, the pre and post sit seamlessly for me, with only the Barrett era stuff jarring a little.

Post-Roger,  Echoes has High Hopes on it which  is up there with the greatest Floyd stuff (IMO). The rest of it is a bit meh. Keep Talking was OK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Post-Roger,  Echoes has High Hopes on it which  is up there with the greatest Floyd stuff (IMO). The rest of it is a bit meh. Keep Talking was OK.

See... Keep Talking for me as every bit as good as anything else... Vive la difference!

Edited by NickD

As an observation, not on PF, RW or DG specifically, but I don’t understand this modern trend to treat the online world as a surrogate parent. 
Using social media platforms to gain approval or to complain about “how those boys over there have been mean”, hoping presumably that the response will be “oh you poor thing, how about we go down the park and you can go on the swings?”

Am I being a mean boy? 🤪

Anyway as you were....PF pre and post RW ....anyone? 😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Using social media platforms to gain approval or to complain about “how those boys over there have been mean”, hoping presumably that the response will be “oh you poor thing, how about we go down the park and you can go on the swings?”

Thats what I meant about the way of getting stuff done. I don't feel it is a parent thing, I think it is a bullying thing, "Those people wont do what I want, all you people hassle them until I do". Part of the twitter thing.

I am sure if he thought he had a genuine chance of it happening he is capable of getting Dave Gillmours telephone number

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I am sure if he thought he had a genuine chance of it happening he is capable of getting Dave Gillmours telephone number

I think he's tried that route already. I can understand his frustrations, and why he feels like he has to howl at the moon. That's his style.

• Like 1

Boo hoo.

Man-child sacks the band he is in although he doesn't own the band (the wall, final cut).

Man-child tries to take his ball home when the other kids still want to play with it.

Judge gives the ball to the other kids.

Man-child complains when the others won't let him play with the ball 30 years later.

Edited by Angel
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I think he's tried that route already. I can understand his frustrations, and why he feels like he has to howl at the moon. That's his style.

Maybe howling at the moon would be a more healthy way of venting that frustration? Howling at your fan base seems a little provocative.
I do have a soft spot for the“troubled/grumpy/difficult artist” as they often have seams of creativity that are both exciting and have a feel of danger.

But there must come a time when WW should say to himself “I’m not going to get what I want here, I have access to some wonderful musicians that can help me express my ideas, I can afford to pay someone to make my bed every day, good luck to DG and the rest, I’m off to give my fans some wonderful music, especially at this time when others are struggling to put food on the table and are worried shitless about the world”? No? 

• Like 3

I  can't stand band politics, as always, its seems to be the school playground again, just like all other areas of politics,  but musically speaking,  Wodger was a writing genius and shall always remain as such to me.  I quite like his outlook on life and such, too

Yes, he's probably got some character issues,  but so does everyone.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I  can't stand band politics, as always, its seems to be the school playground again, just like all other areas of politics,  but musically speaking,  Wodger was a writing genius and shall always remain as such to me.  I quite like his outlook on life and such, too

Yes, he's probably got some character issues,  but so does everyone.

Not always the case, but sometimes creative genius and "prickly" character traits go together. Unless an artist is actually doing something vile and immoral I'm never worried about what they get up to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SICbass said:

Please tell me that this is a joke and not something that anyone actually did 😳

Sure: Another brick in the Wall Pt II, or is it III? - the Live version on Pulse. Guy does a slap bit under Mr Renwick's geetar solo (after the regular DG, iconic solo).

Just now, geoffbyrne said:

Whilst respecting his writing, I lost all other respect for him when I discovered he was on stage with PF holding a bass while Guy Pratt stood in the wings and actually played the music......

G.

I don't think that's entirely the case.

38 minutes ago, geoffbyrne said:

Whilst respecting his writing, I lost all other respect for him when I discovered he was on stage with PF holding a bass while Guy Pratt stood in the wings and actually played the music......

I hadn't heard that, but I believe Dave Gilmour played bass on some of their records.

I wonder what would have happened if the legal decision had gone the other way.  If this show of childish petulance is anything to go by I would suggest not well for the other PF members.

Wog, you made your bed, now lie in it.

1 hour ago, geoffbyrne said:

G.

Ha ha. So says the mate of a bloke you know down the pub.

I tried to watch it, but eventually it all got too painful. It felt like something someone sends to an ex in the wee small hours, after too many beers. Get over yourself, you sad man. 

The last three Floyd albums are the ones their back catalogue could do without. Final Cut was a Water's solo album and the last two said Pink Floyd on the tin but the content wasn't. 

David Gilmour has said Live 8 was like sleeping with your ex. To Roger the band without him might seem like your wife having an affair. He's got a point, I just wish he'd let it go. 

And the less said about Mrs. Gilmour's involvement the better. 

• Like 3

Just now, spectoremg said:

The last three Floyd albums are the ones their back catalogue could do without. Final Cut was a Water's solo album and the last two said Pink Floyd on the tin but the content wasn't. 

David Gilmour has said Live 8 was like sleeping with your ex. To Roger the band without him might seem like your wife having an affair. He's got a point, I just wish he'd let it go. 

You forgot about The Endless River...(!)

10 hours ago, spectoremg said:

At the end of the Live 8 gig, Waters looked elated and Gilmour looked like he'd had a bucket of fish guts tipped over his head. Waters made his own bed in all this and won't ever be accepted back. He seems deeply wounded by this but didn't have the same sensibilities when he was treating Rick Wright dreadfully for years and generally being a complete tool.

• Like 2