Why become a member? ×

Roger Waters........

42 minutes ago, paulmcnamara said:

Any thoughts on his latest rant in the music media?

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters

When he decided to not continue with the band, instead of leaving he sued everyone to make sure noone could have it if he didn't. He lost, they continued and had quite a bit of success.  If it was down to him there wouldn't be a pink floyd website for him to put his stuff on. I don't know him or them, but he doesn't appear to be that easy to work with, and obviously they do know him and can decide. And if you want someone else to do somehting to help you, I find going to them rather than just posting a video to all your fans to try and get round them is almost certainly the least likely way to get what you want.

• Like 5

Quite sad that he's having public rant about this really. I thought they'd kissed and made up (as much as they were going to do) and they were all going to coexist happily ever after. He does have a point about the Polly Samson content though. 🙄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Quite sad that he's having public rant about this really. I thought they'd kissed and made up (as much as they were going to do) and they were all going to coexist happily ever after. He does have a point about the Polly Samson content though. 🙄

Maybe he does, but his criticism of Polly will guarantee that he'll never have any mention now on the official Pink Floyd sites.

He left Floyd. End of. Getting stroppy about your career choices is juvenile. Give it up Roger, you walked and they went on to have two great albums and lots of sold out tours. You pays your money etc.

Edited by mikel

He’s worth $300M. The richest of Pink Floyd by a mile. 
He needs to get onto Squarespace and design himself a site. 
If he’s feeling especially bitter (and we think he is) he can do what the rest of the developed world has to do and buy some Google Adwords. 

I like Dave, I like Rog.

I think Rog has a point. Now the band is no longer a going concern, it should become a legacy kinda thing, which promotes activity by the principal members.

It would take a hardcore Dave fan of stalker levels to suggest The Von Trapp thing is relevant for the PF account, whereas Roger's lockdown version of Mother isn't.

Mind, I'm not privy to the legalese.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 4

Waters has poisoned the relationship so effectively that if he wants a legacy website he'd better hope someone puts one together after him and DG have both snuffed it. Reading DG's comments you really get the feeling that any future Waters involvement really will be over his dead body. I guess DG owns the PF name and brand so it's reasonable for him to make the rules.

It comes across as a tad immature, petty and now boring too from someone old enough and wealthy enough to have moved on from the bad blood with his ex band mates. - Especially since we were led to believe they had buried the hatchet as of their one-off re-grouping at Live8.

10 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I think Rog has a point. Now the band is no longer a going concern, it should become a legacy kinda thing, which promotes activity by the principal members.

It would take a hardcore Dave fan of stalker levels to suggest The Von Trapp thing is relevant for the PF account, whereas Roger's lockdown version of Mother isn't.

I like PF, but if they are no longer a going concern and it is a legacy thing, I don't see that activity by the principle members is really anything to do with it, it should be old discovered archives, or things related to the band. and I have no idea what the vontrap thing, is, I don't like them enough to look

Just now, Woodinblack said:

I like PF, but if they are no longer a going concern and it is a legacy thing, I don't see that activity by the principle members is really anything to do with it, it should be old discovered archives, or things related to the band. 

I would suggest ex-band members going out on tour to play the songs of Pink Floyd would qualify.