Sibob

Elrick Expat Evolution 5 string - PRICE DROP - £1500
£1600
Hemel Hempstead

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Now fully up for sale, Part-Ex options would be a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with cash my way too, possibly a Lakland 55-60, or maybe a Precision 4 string of some description.

I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.

So spec is:

35″ scale
Swamp Ash Body
8.5 Lbs (approx)
Satin Matte Black Finish
3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
24 frets

2-way adjustable truss rod
Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
Fully shielded control cavity
Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
£1500 - No Case

No way of shipping just at the moment, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover. As such, UK only for now.

IMG_0556.thumb.JPG.09b0c0ac48a1497da4163f8fc2ea0a82.JPG

IMG_1301.thumb.JPG.3e89b5dfdb5a33ee574f2ac259e26326.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 4

On 21/05/2020 at 10:43, Norwood said:

Finish is just amazing. Elrick are so magic.

Good trade

Agree totally, gorgeous!

• Like 1

There was one for sale on here a couple of months ago, and last year - worth trying to track down the buyers via the sellers? You may have been down this road already, of course...

43 minutes ago, lowregisterhead said:

There was one for sale on here a couple of months ago, and last year - worth trying to track down the buyers via the sellers? You may have been down this road already, of course...

Thanks, I do remember that one. It’s a burst though, which I’m trying avoid really. I’m in no rush, my Expat is great ☺️

Thank-you though.

Si

18 hours ago, Norwood said:

Not for sale?

Someone has GAS for more Elricks :)

• Like 2

Added options for sale and  another p/x (Lakland DJ5)

Cheers

Si

Sixteen hundred! The specs, look, and price are very tempting, I am glad I found my dark lady already earlier.

By the way, rehearsals started again!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bump with some extra part-ex options.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Price drop:

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
£1500 - No Case

Si

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By w_joe
      For sale is my beloved Sadowsky Metro RS5
      Made in Japan
      Overall great condition
      With VTC
      4kg
      Original soft case included
      Located in Portugal
      Can trade for lightweight 5 string jazz bass or USA MM sterling 5 (hs version preferably) + cash my way. Show me what you've got and we'll talk
      Shiping cost not included
      Price dropped to 1800€ 

• By Arnoldoc
      Pedulla MVP 5 for sale in very good condition - mainly studio use throughout its life.
      Michael Pedulla retired last year so they are no longer being made. Last UK list price for a similarly spec model Was £5,750.
      No trades please.
      AAA solid maple body wings 3 piece maple neck Ebony fingerboard Bartolini (proprietary to Pedulla) P/J pickups 2 band active electronics 17.5mm ABM bridge Gotoh gold hardware Very good condition (hardware shows age a little bit of tarnishing but body is truly mint). Frets leveled recently so it plays with super low action if required

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is possible at buyers risk and expense. 
    • By emyrarall
      Not to be confused with the more entry level Far Eastern guitars with a similar name, this is the proper full fat Made in the USA EBMM Musicman Sterling.
      The details for this bass from the Musicman website are: Serial # DO5017 Manufactured February 14th, 1997 Model BASS STERLING SUNBURST ROSEWOOD
      While the Stingray is the more common version played by many famous players, the Sterling is a more versatile bass. The main differences is that the Stingray has an alnico pickup and more Precision sized neck whereas the Sterling has a ceramic pickup which is capable of being more aggressive with more options due to the 3 way switch which allows you to select between series, single coil & parallel wiring options. This gives the bass that characteristic Musicman growl and colour. The neck is slimmer, similar to a Jazz bass and the body is smaller as well. This makes a big difference in long, live sets when the weight of a heavy bass can be really tiring. It also features a 3-band active EQ with bass, mid & treble and volume control. 
      I've had this instrument since around 2005 and I've loved playing it but I recently decided to go up to a 5 string bass. A Sterling 5 string is really rare in this country so I bought a Stingray5 but find that I can't quite get the same growl out of it for rock music. However swapping back and forth is impossible so this has to go.
      In the UK they retail at over 2K and no longer come in this lovely sunburst finish.
      https://www.gak.co.uk/en/music-man-sterling-bass-natural-rosewood/25845
      I've tried to illustrate any dinks in the photos and also some light damage to the back of the Musicman case.
      Overall it's a beautiful instrument in very good condition. Welcome to try it by prior arrangement.