Sibob

Elrick Expat Evolution 5 string - £1500
£1600
Hemel Hempstead

Hi all,

Back up for cash sale, only trade options would be an Elrick standard Jazz 5 (not sunburst).

I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.

So spec is:

35″ scale
Swamp Ash Body
8.5 Lbs (approx)
Satin Matte Black Finish
3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
24 frets

2-way adjustable truss rod
Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
Fully shielded control cavity
Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
£1500 - No Case

Shipping would be difficult just at the moment, but we can talk about it as an extra cost, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover as a preference.
UK only for now.

IMG_0556.thumb.JPG.09b0c0ac48a1497da4163f8fc2ea0a82.JPG

IMG_1301.thumb.JPG.3e89b5dfdb5a33ee574f2ac259e26326.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

Cheers
Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 6

On 21/05/2020 at 10:43, Norwood said:

Finish is just amazing. Elrick are so magic.

Good trade

Agree totally, gorgeous!

• Like 1

There was one for sale on here a couple of months ago, and last year - worth trying to track down the buyers via the sellers? You may have been down this road already, of course...

43 minutes ago, lowregisterhead said:

There was one for sale on here a couple of months ago, and last year - worth trying to track down the buyers via the sellers? You may have been down this road already, of course...

Thanks, I do remember that one. It’s a burst though, which I’m trying avoid really. I’m in no rush, my Expat is great ☺️

Thank-you though.

Si

18 hours ago, Norwood said:

Not for sale?

Someone has GAS for more Elricks :)

• Like 2

Added options for sale and  another p/x (Lakland DJ5)

Cheers

Si

Sixteen hundred! The specs, look, and price are very tempting, I am glad I found my dark lady already earlier.

By the way, rehearsals started again!

• Like 1

Bump with some extra part-ex options.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Price drop:

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
£1500 - No Case

Si

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By silentbob
      Picked this up a couple of months back to have another try with five strings. Not sure what I was thinking because I struggle with four so in light of some recent purchases I  think I will move this on.
      The Good Points
      It's a good, solid 5 string bass which punches above it's weight. Body is Bubinga wood, fingerboard is Rosewood. The neck is super flat and really nice to play. Hardware and pickups are by Wilkinson. The four pots are Volume, Tone, Bass, and Pickup Blend.
      The Bad Points
      It has a few marks and dings (the previous owner toured Europe with it) but nothing major, just general, light, wear and tear.
      When I picked it up, it had a really low output, and the pickup blend pot was crackly when adjusted. On inspection, the battery had leaked and corroded the battery clip, so I replaced that and stuck in a new 9v which sorted the output issue. I haven't gotten around to fixing the pot yet. It may just need a squirt of cleaner, or it may need a replacement soldering in, both of which should be pretty simple and are reflected in the price.
      Price is £125. This does not include shipping but does include a crap Fender gig bag to carry it home in. Shipping could possibly be arranged. I have a box, and can upgrade to a better more padded gigbag, but this will push the price to £160.
      I would also consider a trade for a high end (Mono, Sadowsky) gig bag with money either way.
      Socially distanced collection or viewing is welcome, as is PayPal if fees are covered.
      Any questions, please ask.

• By d_g
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to offers and trades (possibly with cash my way) for lightweight, 34" scale, 5 string jazzes - Fender, Sadowsky etc.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer. 
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock are pictured. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off. 

• By Dandelion
      Epiphone T - Bird Pro 5 string.  These are neck heavy and need a nice thick strap to stop them diving.  But, this is a nice example. There is one tiny ding on the edge as seen in the third photo.  About 4.6 kgs. 
      Bass is active, full info available on the Web

Case not included, as I need it for my other Thunderbird.. I will find an old gig bag if required.  
      May trade for loud class D Amp? Or a decent 1980s vintage bass.? Matsumotu? 
      Straight trade for tidy Yammy BB425x or decent multieffects unit. 

I can travel half way within reason. 

Feel free to ask questions..

• By stingraybassman
      Hi Folks,
      Never thought the day would come, but a mixture of not playing it much anymore (and a disaster on the Football Index) I'm parting ways with this beautiful bass.Owned from brand new in 2005 (whatever PMT in Manchester was known as back then), 18th Birthday Present (I'm 33 Now). I've grown up with it and will be so sad to see it go.
      2005 3eq in Black with Maple Fretboard. Well played but in amazing condition. 2 small marks on the headstock and bottom horn that I've pictured. Currently strung with D'Addario flats that are nicely broken in and sound wonderfully muted. We all know how much these rip with Rounds on as well. Neck has worn great and has the great smooth feel of the unfinished 'Rays. 
      Without sounding sentimental, I grew up with this bass. Made some amazing memories. It deserves to go to someone who will play it to death as I once did.
      Located in Chesterfield, happy to ship at buyers expense. 

• By Paul S
      I had this stunning bass made 3 years ago specifically for the Bon Jovi tribute band.  At the time I was unable to find a lightweight 5 string Precision bass so decided to go for it.  I decided to step down from the band recently and, in all honesty, find I have no use for this beauty so rather than it just sitting there in the case I have decided to move it on.  A bit of a wrench as I have never had a bass made to my spec before and am unlikely to do it again.  
      A classically elegant and beautiful bass.     So, here it is - a Maruszczyk (I still have to check how to spell this) Jake 5 that I configured via the custom shop, defaulting to better quality at pretty much every step.  Finished in solid black with BWB 3 ply pickguard.  Swamp ash body.  Bird's eye maple neck and fingerboard with carbon rods in a matte finish.  Luminlay side dots.   Headstock with simple M logo.  Hipshot B style bridge with 17mm spacing.  45mm at the nut.  Hipshot HB6C 1/2" tuners.  Passive electrics with usual P bass volume and tone.  Domed chrome knobs.  Delano PC5 AL/M2 pickup.  Currently strung with TI flats.  Weighs 3.7kg, just over 8lbs.  I just ran this through the configurator and if you wanted to make one just like this it would cost you £1900.
      The body has some very slight surface scratching on the front, as does the pickguard.  There is also some very light buckle rash on the back.  I imagine these would all polish out.  No dings or dongs.  9/10 condition.  The low B is strong.  The Delano pickup is on the rude side of traditional.  It will do vintage just nicely with the tone rolled off but open it up and you have a nice aggressive tone.  Frets are barely broken in  
      It will come with a generic ABS hard case by Chase and inside will be the 'birth certificate' and spec booklet.   
      I am looking for £1200 collected from South Benfleet.  I would consider a courier but it would have to be fully insured and therefore expensive.  Mainland UK only.  What I would rather do is pocket fuel costs and deliver it myself up to perhaps 150 miles - this is something we can discuss.  At the moment I am not looking at trades or offers, thanks.