Why become a member? ×

Radio Preamp

I think the battery is going in my preamp. I was alerted to this by the fact that it appeared to begin picking up radio signals. I thought someone had slipped acid in my Earl Grey. Thinking I’d made some schoolboy error or had actually entered the Twilight Zone, I tentatively googled it and it turns out it’s a thing, is it a thing anyone on here has experienced? I assumed it was the battery because if I unplugged the bass for a while it stopped and was ok on initially plugging it in again but soon returned.

Battery change is in need. If you have a DMM, it might be feasible to measure the voltage now. When you put the new in, write the month and year to the battery. Then you will see the approximate battery lifetime.

1 hour ago, itu said:

Battery change is in need. If you have a DMM, it might be feasible to measure the voltage now. When you put the new in, write the month and year to the battery. Then you will see the approximate battery lifetime.

Thanks. What’s a DMM?