Why become a member? ×

Donor Instruments Sought for Project Build

SpondonBassed

I have a Build Diaries topic up.

Although I have a workshop and some skills I have neither a thicknesser nor a table router.  I haven't space for them.  A table saw is not the most refined of tools for the job at hand but I can at least get timber to a handleable size for the detailed work.  I am collecting more timber for the neck and I have some of the electronics that I'd like already.

I may outsource some of the machine work.  In any event, this is a project that I don't want to rush.  While I am sketching up ideas I shall collect items of hardware.  If I have to spend a significant amount of cash I would like it to go on pick-ups and strings first and foremost.  I am happy to recycle bridges and machine heads etc.

It occurred to me that some of the great Basschat membership might help by donating unwanted instruments so that I can start a bin of parts for reuse.

PM me if you have something you think I could take off your hands and repurpose.

It may be an old project of your own or an instrument that is damaged to such an extent that it is beyond economical repair.  I'll consider anything bass related.

Edited by SpondonBassed

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Useless amateur said:

If you are near Weston super Mare I have a table router you are welcome to borrow

Jon

Very kind of you to offer.  Thank you.

It's a bit far from Spondon, Derbyshire however.  Maybe if things improve nationally and with my own care duties that tie me to the house anyway, it would make a good opportunity to get away for the day and meet a fellow member.

Cheers.  I'll keep it in mind.

• 2 weeks later...