Why become a member? ×

New modern bass for rock

Marcray

While Spector is the obvious choice, I'd definitely recommend giving an Attitude a try. They have a certain something that just makes them work so well.

I have an Attitude LTD II with a J pickup added to the bridge. I actually rarely use the woofer pickups or the stereo outputs, but it does sound absolutely huge to use the woofer clean and the P/J pickups running through an overdrive pedal.

The necks on Attitudes are pretty fat but it somehow feels right for the bass. That said, most Spectors aren't exactly slim in the neck department either.

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Corey is still immense

A couple of years back I saw Corey Glover and dUg Pinnick on the same bill at The Cutting Room in New York.  VIP. 

dUg was pretty good, Corey, in hindsight, was a bumbling, blubby, shambles  He came out dressed in a pink hoodie, pink sweatpants and a tweed flatcap.  At one point he started crying between songs.  I honestly think he needed a bit of help.

IMG_4724.jpg

2 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

A couple of years back I saw Corey Glover and dUg Pinnick on the same bill at The Cutting Room in New York.  VIP. 

dUg was pretty good, Corey, in hindsight, was a bumbling, blubby, shambles  He came out dressed in a pink hoodie, pink sweatpants and a tweed flatcap.  At one point he started crying between songs.  I honestly think he needed a bit of help.

IMG_4724.jpg

I do love a bit of dUg, bless him his mum passed away a couple days ago.

Corey, seemed ok, maybe an underlying tension, but the performance and vocal performance was astounding