Why become a member? ×

Best bass for fending off burglars?

uk_lefty

29 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Yet another use for a Precision. These basses are more than a one-trick pony.

Def, Sid Vicious found that out at a gig by hitting someone over the head with his. Probably the best use he ever got from it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Def, Sid Vicious found that out at a gig by hitting someone over the head with his. Probably the best use he ever got from it...

Yes, that bit from the Swindle film was evidence of it's efficiency. JJ Burnel had more respect for his instrument (& ability X 100). He had recourse to considerable martial arts skills instead.

Edited by JottoSW1

1 minute ago, Hellzero said:

Why did I sell all my heavy basses ?

My recent KSD is 13.5 pounds, Having lavished some cash on the thing I reckon I'll use my handy rounders bat to repel boarders. What was your heaviest?

image.thumb.jpeg.6cb14d12ce937baeddb4b150de126e12.jpeg

As my mum used to say, you'll have someone's eye out with that 😧 as one or two singer/band leaders have almost found out - but fabulous for fending off burglers!!! 😂

NB no headstock chips - very unusual for a Bongo bass. 

Like a Precision instrument compared with that anti-diluvian instrument of the same name, which in weapon terms, is on a par with a blunderbuss in terms of finesse - or a 2003 BMW compared to a 1957 Ford Prefect. The Bongo is also good for a clout round the chops, particularly as it weighs about 10 lbs - the top edges are rather too well curved but the bottom ones most certainly aren't  😏

Only trouble is it's taken me about 10 mins to extract it from my bass store to photograph so any anti burglar activity would have to be given to my 10 lb ash bodied Stingray 5, which is always to hand!! 👍

Edited by drTStingray