Why become a member? ×

An Introduction

Talean

Yo, northerner/ex-midlands'er (Midlands is real dammit!) here, I've been lurking on these forums and the bass forum from across the pond for ages, ever since I thought about getting into bass. I play drums - or used to, but have been living in flats ever since I left home for University, so I'd been looking for something to fill the void, and I always leaned towards sexy basslines and the rhythm of things over killer riffs (still love a good riff though, I'm just awful at it).

Been playing about a year now, and I feel my appreciation for music, and ability to make out the bass tones in less well-mixed tracks, has grown greatly, along with my ability to play the thing! Learnt a lot from this site, some really helpful forum posts (and some "unhelpful" ones, GAS is real - although being left handed helps, no signature guitars to pine over). Looking forward to learning more, and maybe actually contributing. Currently working on my pick technique as it is woefully behind my finger style. See you around!

• Like 4

On 19/05/2020 at 15:33, SpondonBassed said:

Welcome Talean.

Good to see you are covering both styles of playing.  Some here have polar opinions about that.  I enjoy them both.

Thank you :) I too enjoy them both, different styles suit different tones, I think they both have their place.

22 hours ago, baldwinbass said:

Hi Talean   :crigon_04:  

7 hours ago, Teebs said:

Hiya Talean

:crigon_04:

Thanks guys, glad to be here 😀! (sorry for the late responses, never saw the bell light up)

Edited by Talean
Tardiness

31 minutes ago, Talean said:

never saw the bell light up

It's odd isn't it?

You see a bell, you expect it to make a sound... not light up.  I mean, I'd hate to flick a light switch and instead hear the ghost of Big Ben while I still struggle to see how many groats I have left in my man purse.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

It's odd isn't it?

You see a bell, you expect it to make a sound... not light up.  I mean, I'd hate to flick a light switch and instead hear the ghost of Big Ben while I still struggle to see how many groats I have left in my man purse.

I guess it's better than Big Ben "going off" and just floodlighting Tower Bridge. Just a casual multi-car pileup.

• Haha 2

On 26/05/2020 at 18:48, Dad3353 said:

Good evening, Talean, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

Little late on this one sorry, switched Notification settings now ha.
Yes, definitely plenty to read, may have been doing a little more reading than working recently hahaha.