Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Highway One Precision Bass
£550
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

Now sold, thanks for all the interest.

Fender Highway One Precision Bass 2009

This series is the mid life upgrade of the Highway 1 series that include a nitro finish, BadAss II, 70s logo etc.  The bass is in good condition with hardly any fret wear and the nitro finish has started to wear in and shine up a little on the back and the slanty bit where your forearm typically rubs.  There are a few small dings and a bit of buckle rash as I’ve tried to capture in the pictures.  Nice and light at 8lbs 5oz.

The bass comes with a deluxe Fender padded gigbag and an additional matt black pickguard (currently fitted).  Plenty of love for these on t’interweb.

Highway One Precision Bass Features:

• Body:  Alder with The thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
  • Neck:  Maple, Modern "C"  Shape, (satin Polyurethane finish)
  • Fingerboard:  Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241mm)
  • No. of Frets:  20 Medium Jumbo Frets with white dot position markers
  • Pickups:  1 Standard Vintage Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup (Mid)
  • Controls:  Volume, Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass).
  • Bridge:  Leo Quan Badass® II Bridge with 4 Pre-Grooved Saddles
  • Machine Heads:  Standard
  • Hardware:  Chrome
  • Pickguard:  3-Ply Parchment
  • Scale Length:  34" (864 mm)
  • Width at Nut: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
  • 70s headstock logo

Now that we are allowed to move about to a degree I’d much prefer to meet up somewhere in person to exchange the bass with suitable social distancing.  A courier would be a last resort and would be for you to organise.  I will be very flexible with your collection arrangements as I am working from home all the while.

Here are some pics of the bass.  It is currently sporting the replacement matt black p/guard and I'll remove the sticker ahead of the sale if you want the black as well as the original pickguard.  I've done my best to capture the roadworn elements but if you'd like more detail please just ask.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Dragon said:

Does this have the original pickups? Original gig bag? Is the BadAss II standard? 

What year is the bass? 

Hi thanks for the interest.  Pickup and BA II both std.  The gig bag was not the one the bass came with but I acquired a decent quality Fender item to house it.